Old 10-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Misha Shnurapet

Default "Fedora Students Contributing" Shirt Idea

07.10.2010, 22:56, "Christian" <christian@crshd.cc>:
> **Hi All,
>
> So, I've been working on a shirt design. In a conversation with Máirín
> we came up with the idea of using a flower to symbolize how the students
> taking part in this project are "growing".
>
> Currently, I am working on the roots, I've been trying all day to get
> something to work with, and it finally starts coming together, I think.
>
> I'd like to get a little feedback from you, maybe you have some ideas
> for improvements
>
> You can take a look at what I came up with here:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2835814/fedora_tee/idea_5.png

Hi! I would also move the back part to the center, because I think it is hard to read off one's shoulder. It may be just my fault though.

--
Best regards,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Shnurapet

Old 10-08-2010, 03:15 PM

After some feedback, and a lot of trial-and-error from my part, I
extended the design to this:

http://db.tt/TJnns6b

Some more feedback would be nice!

- Christian

Old 10-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Marc Stewart

On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 23:15 +0800, christian@crshd.cc wrote:
> After some feedback, and a lot of trial-and-error from my part, I
> extended the design to this:
>
> http://db.tt/TJnns6b
>
> Some more feedback would be nice!

I thought the off-centre text on the front of idea 5 made for a more
balanced composition, but, if I were one of the contributing students,
I'd be happy to wear either of the designs you've posted—your Ninja
status will be well deserved.

Marc

Old 10-08-2010, 10:49 PM
Jef van Schendel

2010/10/8 <christian@crshd.cc>:
> After some feedback, and a lot of trial-and-error from my part, I
> extended the design to this:
>
> http://db.tt/TJnns6b
>
> Some more feedback would be nice!
>
> - Christian

Hi Christian,

I've already said it on IRC, but I think it looks absolutely fantastic.

I agree with Marc though - it looks like the "Fedora" is trying hard
to push to the centre, but the flowers are blocking it. Maybe move it
to the left and down a bit, like this:

http://schendje.fedorapeople.org/temp/tshirtStudents.png

Okay, what I did doesn't look great, but it's late. Forgive me.

- Jef

Old 10-11-2010, 07:12 AM
Nicu Buculei

On 10/09/2010 01:49 AM, Jef van Schendel wrote:
> 2010/10/8<christian@crshd.cc>:
>> After some feedback, and a lot of trial-and-error from my part, I
>> extended the design to this:
>>
>> http://db.tt/TJnns6b
>
> I've already said it on IRC, but I think it looks absolutely fantastic.
>
> I agree with Marc though - it looks like the "Fedora" is trying hard
> to push to the centre, but the flowers are blocking it. Maybe move it
> to the left and down a bit, like this:

I think having the logo (wordmark) equally big (and really big) on both
front and back is redundant.