Old 09-30-2010, 12:29 PM
Nicu Buculei

Default GIMPBox gives enables GIMP single window mode

On 09/30/2010 03:17 PM, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/09/gimpbox-gives-stable-versions-of-the-gimp-single-window-mode/
>
> This works in Fedora 12 and 13 without any issues, hope you like it.

I tried the GIMP in single windows mode (devel branch, 2.7.1, biuld in
Koji for F13) and did not like it, it wastes too much screen estate
(desktop, 20" wide screen). And in the case of the netbook... there it
is unusable.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:08 AM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Turkovic wrote:

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/09/gimpbox-gives-stable-versions-of-the-gimp-single-window-mode/

>> This works in Fedora 12 and 13 without any issues, hope
you like it.

> I tried the GIMP in single windows mode (devel branch, 2.7.1,
biuld in

> Koji for F13) and did not like it, it wastes too much screen
estate

> (desktop, 20" wide screen). And in the case of the netbook...
there it

> is unusable.

Default layout in single window mode looks terrible on small screen.
Customizing them is the way to go. For example, left side only has
toolbox, the rest are on the right side.

What will be really nice is the inclusion on tabs on multiple mode
similar to Adobe Photoshop (I know it is an outrage here). Hopefully
new Gimp 2.7.x snapshot will come soon.

--*

Luya Tshimbalanga

Graphic & Web Designer

E: luya@fedoraproject.org

W: http://www.thefinalzone.net

Old 10-01-2010, 02:55 AM
Máirín Duffy

On Thu, 2010-09-30 at 19:08 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Default layout in single window mode looks terrible on small screen.
> Customizing them is the way to go. For example, left side only has
> toolbox, the rest are on the right side.
> What will be really nice is the inclusion on tabs on multiple mode
> similar to Adobe Photoshop (I know it is an outrage here). Hopefully
> new Gimp 2.7.x snapshot will come soon.

Hey are you folks using gimp with the small icons theme mode? I haven't
tried Gimp Box but Garrett showed me this trick of the small theme
option and I've been using it since because it gives you a lot more
screen real estate!

~m

Old 10-01-2010, 03:28 AM
Luya Tshimbalanga

On 30/09/10 07:55 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> Hey are you folks using gimp with the small icons theme mode? I haven't
> tried Gimp Box but Garrett showed me this trick of the small theme
> option and I've been using it since because it gives you a lot more
> screen real estate!
>
> ~m
Thank you! I have completely forgot Gimp has small icons theme. It made
the layout less crowded on my tablet.

--
Luya Tshimbalanga
Graphic & Web Designer