-   -   Design FAD 2011 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/430731-design-fad-2011-a.html)

wonderer 09-23-2010 08:24 AM

Design FAD 2011

Hello there,

for quite a while there is an idea in the head of some of the
Design-Team members to get together for a FAD. As far as I know
Design-team had not something like it IRL, so the idea came up to put
something together near the next LGM [1] in Montreal. That would be the
weekend May 7-8 or better 14-15 depending on how much we want to do this
weekend.
I set up a first wikipage for that [2] and hope we can get some budget
for some to attend there. I think someone employed withing redhat or
near there should be able to get those up and running (mizmo, maybe you
are our best choise ...?). If someone from around Montreal or around
have some ideas please also put the ideas into the wiki or here on the list.
What do you think about it?

[1] =
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/create/2010-September/003205.html
[2] = https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design_FAD_planning

mit freundlichen gren / best regards
H. Heigl - wonderer@fedoraproject.org

Pierros Papadeas 09-23-2010 08:40 AM

Design FAD 2011

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 11:24 AM, wonderer <wonderer4711@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> for quite a while there is an idea in the head of some of the
> Design-Team members to get together for a FAD. As far as I know
> Design-team had not something like it IRL, so the idea came up to put
> something together near the next LGM [1] in Montreal. That would be the
> weekend May 7-8 or better 14-15 depending on how much we want to do this
> weekend.
> I set up a first wikipage for that [2] and hope we can get some budget
> for some to attend there. I think someone employed withing redhat or
> near there should be able to get those up and running (mizmo, maybe you
> are our best choise ...?). If someone from around Montreal or around
> have some ideas please also put the ideas into the wiki or here on the list.
> What do you think about it?

Thats a wonderful idea!

We can also always talk to Louis Desjardins about this (he is the
oranizer of LGM 2011) and possibly have it in parallel or
semi-parallel (end or start 2 days different) with LGM 2011. :) I
would hapilly talk to them about that...

> [1] =
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/create/2010-September/003205.html
> [2] = https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design_FAD_planning
>
> mit freundlichen grüßen / best regards
> H. Heigl - wonderer@fedoraproject.org

Pierros Papadeas
PGP key: 0x6130DBF8
http://pierros.papadeas.gr
pierros@papadeas.gr
liknus @ GRnet , Freenode

wonderer 09-23-2010 08:55 AM

Design FAD 2011

Hy,
> Thats a wonderful idea!
>
> We can also always talk to Louis Desjardins about this (he is the
> oranizer of LGM 2011) and possibly have it in parallel or
> semi-parallel (end or start 2 days different) with LGM 2011. :) I
> would hapilly talk to them about that...

I would say "please do it" :-)
Maybe he also can say if we can have also the location for the weekends,
too... The LGM seem to be IN the week so if we can expand the booking
for the location for the weekend after (or before, depends on what would
be preffered). If you can ask them if they have special deals for
hotel/lodging that would be also cool.
The idea with the LGM has the "charme" that we can efficiently use time
and budget and maybe we only have to use one week of holiday from our
"normal" work (e.g. in my case).