Old 09-21-2010, 06:00 AM
Ankur Sinha

Default Mailer for the free media programme.

hello,

I'm here to request a tiny little task of the awesome design team.

Can someone please make a mailer that the free media program could use
to send it's media in? We already have one[1], but it isn't very generic
(we need one that is not region specific).

The outside of the mailer could be the senders, receivers address(es)
and fedora logo etc., while the inside could have some info? (like a few
important fedora related links maybe?)

If I need to file a ticket for this, please let me know where and how,
and I'll go ahead and do it.

[1]

--
Thanks!
Regards,

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha

"FranciscoD"

Old 09-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Máirín Duffy

Hi Ankur!

On Tue, 2010-09-21 at 11:30 +0530, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> I'm here to request a tiny little task of the awesome design team.
>
> Can someone please make a mailer that the free media program could use
> to send it's media in? We already have one[1], but it isn't very generic
> (we need one that is not region specific).
>
> The outside of the mailer could be the senders, receivers address(es)
> and fedora logo etc., while the inside could have some info? (like a few
> important fedora related links maybe?)
>
> If I need to file a ticket for this, please let me know where and how,
> and I'll go ahead and do it.

Our ticket system is here:

https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/

~m

Old 09-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Ankur Sinha

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 11:32 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Our ticket system is here:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/

hi Mairin,

Thank you for that, I've filed in a ticket.

https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/159

Old 09-23-2010, 07:56 AM
Nicu Buculei

On 09/22/2010 07:10 PM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 11:32 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> Our ticket system is here:
>>
>> https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/
>
> hi Mairin,
>
> Thank you for that, I've filed in a ticket.
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/159

How about turning this into a bounty item?

Old 09-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Marc Stewart

On Thu, 2010-09-23 at 10:56 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> How about turning this into a bounty item?

I thought this too.

Since I'd already started drawing up the basic framework, I've turned it
into a template, including some useful resources on a separate layer.
(Only visible in Inkscape because they're outside the page border.)

http://marcstewart.fedorapeople.org/print/fedora-disc-envelope-template.svg

The inside and outside are also separated by layer so the same file can
be used for both if the other side's layer is hidden—the image is
horizontally centred and symmetrical to allow the two sides to line up.

Having looked at the design linked to in Ankur's blog, I think it might
be a good idea to have a page of stickers for the Customs info as well,
that can be stuck on international mail-outs, so it doesn't have to
appear in the envelope design itself.

http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/2010/09/23/mailer-for-the-free-media-program/
http://ascenseur.fedorapeople.org/fedora_mailer_new.otg

Marc