Old 09-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Mirn Duffy

Default how-to library

Hi folks,

As I've been doing some tasks for F14 & FUDcon I've been trying to
document my workflow as I go along and write up some how-tos:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design#How_Tos

I would encourage everyone to think about the kinds of stuff they do on
this team and what might make a useful how-to write up to help us
onboard more designers or even simply increase our own skills &
knowledge within our existing group. Having documented workflows I think
can also be a great resource if we don't have enough time to help out
another team with a design - if we can at least point them to a how-to
they might be able to get it done on their own.

Some other needed topics I can think of:

- a little writeup on how licensing works and how creative commons !=
public domain, and why you should license your own works as openly as
possible

- how to install fonts on fedora

- where to find great clipart and freely-licensed assets (brushes,
photos, etc)

What do you think?

~m

Old 09-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Pierros Papadeas

2010/9/15 Máir*n Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org>:
> Hi folks,
>
> As I've been doing some tasks for F14 & FUDcon I've been trying to
> document my workflow as I go along and write up some how-tos:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design#How_Tos
>
> I would encourage everyone to think about the kinds of stuff they do on
> this team and what might make a useful how-to write up to help us
> onboard more designers or even simply increase our own skills &
> knowledge within our existing group. Having documented workflows I think
> can also be a great resource if we don't have enough time to help out
> another team with a design - if we can at least point them to a how-to
> they might be able to get it done on their own.
>
> Some other needed topics I can think of:
>
> - a little writeup on how licensing works and how creative commons !=
> public domain, and why you should license your own works as openly as
> possible
>
> - how to install fonts on fedora
>
> - where to find great clipart and freely-licensed assets (brushes,
> photos, etc)
>
> What do you think?

very well written and interesting Mairin! Thanks for sharing... i was
also wondering if we can use these workflows as a test case for the
workshop on Design Suite on FUDCon

What do you think?

> ~m

Pierros Papadeas