Old 09-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Marc Stewart

Default GRUB background preview overlay

GRUB background screen creators,

To save time when testing out new designs, I've added this overlay file
to the wiki:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Grub_background_preview_overlay.png

You can use it check for positioning, legibility, etc, without having to
reboot (or start a VM) each time. Just add it as a new layer for an
instant preview.

Marc

Old 09-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Máirín Duffy

Hi Marc!

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 18:58 +0100, Marc Stewart wrote:
> GRUB background screen creators,
>
> To save time when testing out new designs, I've added this overlay file
> to the wiki:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Grub_background_preview_overlay.png
>
> You can use it check for positioning, legibility, etc, without having to
> reboot (or start a VM) each time. Just add it as a new layer for an
> instant preview.

This is awesome! I just wrote a tutorial yesterday to go over the
workflow of how to make a grub splash - I added your graphic and a step
on using it to that tutorial Very helpful! See
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_a_custom_grub_splash

You wouldn't happen to have any interest in creating one for syslinux
too?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_a_custom_syslinux_splash

~m

Old 09-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Marc Stewart

Hi Máirín,

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 14:09 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> You wouldn't happen to have any interest in creating one for syslinux
> too?
How's this?
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Syslinux_background_preview_overlay.png

Marc