Old 09-14-2010, 04:45 PM
John Biebel

Default Welcome to the "design-team" mailing list (Digest mode)

Hello Fedora Designers.
I'm a (relatively) new employee at Red Hat
and would like to become more involved in the Fedora community.* I'd
like to introduce myself: I'm an interaction designer and artist
originally from suburban Connecticut, USA, who has lived and worked in
New York, London and now Boston.* I'm a graduate of the Cooper Union for
the Advancement of Science and Art in Manhattan, where I majored in
Painting and Photography.* I've worked as an illustrator, visual
designer, copywriter, and many other jobs during college.* I was once
employed by an artist to create 10,000 skulls out of plaster during one
of the hottest summers New York City ever witnessed.* So indeed, the work
background has been diverse.

In the arts now, I work primarily in
painting and music, my music project being named Ichigatsu (hence the
username),
which is Japanese for January.

I'm excited by the possibilities
that are offered by Fedora and a completely free-software experience.* I
also think it's important as a Red Hat employee to be as familiar with
our products as possible and contribute where and when I can.

Thanks
for the opportunity to introduce myself and I hope I may serve in some
capacity.
John