Old 09-14-2010, 04:34 PM
David Lehman

Default Reset resolver after network device activation (#632489)

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 18:03 +0200, Radek Vykydal wrote:
> On 09/14/2010 05:32 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > Didn't we start using urlgrabber.reset_curl_obj() specifically because
> > isys.resetResolver wasn't doing enough, and the curl object wasn't
> > getting the new settings and thus failing to connect to things? What
> > changed?
> >

> Yes, that's what I am thinking now too. I thought that
> c-ares is doing complete resolver reset for curl when
> doing reset_curl_obj(), but it doesn't seem so. Removing
> of isys.resetResolver call is due to my changes in networking
> code some months ago, and now I wonder if it ever worked
> since, network enablement in stage 2 is not very frequent
> use/test case.

Should we combine the two? We could add a call to
urlgrabber.grabber.reset__curl_obj inside isys.resetResolv, then go back
and replace all the explicit calls to urlgrabber.grabber.reset_curl_obj
with calls to isys.resetResolv. Will that help clean things up a bit?

Dave

Old 09-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Radek Vykydal

[...]

+1, something for master, I'll insert it into my todo list.

Radek