Old 09-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Emily Dirsh

Default Beta wallpaper revision

I know it's a bit down-to-the-wire, but I (finally! ) finished a new
revision of the beta wallpaper. It's up on the wiki now here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-wallpaper-remix-em-light-rev1.png

I replaced the light spots/lens flare with a light streak/aurora effect.

I don't have the source file uploaded just yet - it's huge! - but I'm
working on it and I'll post a link on the wiki ASAP.

See what you think!

Em

Old 09-11-2010, 03:38 AM
Misha Shnurapet

11.09.2010, 07:50, "Emily Dirsh" <emily@fightingcrane.com>:
> I know it's a bit down-to-the-wire, but I (finally! ) finished a new
> revision of the beta wallpaper. It's up on the wiki now here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-wallpaper-remix-em-light-rev1.png
>
> I replaced the light spots/lens flare with a light streak/aurora effect.
>
> I don't have the source file uploaded just yet - it's huge! - but I'm
> working on it and I'll post a link on the wiki ASAP.
>
> See what you think!

Hi, Emily.

This one has got good colors! I looove the effect, however, the streak
lines go across the rays, and I feel a little dissonance.

--
Best regards,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Shnurapet

Old 09-11-2010, 05:15 AM
Wolnei

The left side of wallpaper remember some wallpapers of Windows and Mac.
And to me the wallpaper is confuse, the left and right sides are completely differents, don't have harmony.

--
Wolnei Junior
Brazil Fedora Ambassador

Old 09-11-2010, 06:14 AM
Martin Sourada

On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 18:50 -0400, Emily Dirsh wrote:
> I know it's a bit down-to-the-wire, but I (finally! ) finished a new
> revision of the beta wallpaper. It's up on the wiki now here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-wallpaper-remix-em-light-rev1.png
>
> I replaced the light spots/lens flare with a light streak/aurora effect.
>
> I don't have the source file uploaded just yet - it's huge! - but I'm
> working on it and I'll post a link on the wiki ASAP.
>
> See what you think!

Hrm, not bad, but I like this one the best (and I'm already using it):
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-wallpaper-remix-em-dark.png

IMHO the lens flare and darker colours work better than aurora and
lighter colours.

Keep up the awesome work!

Martin

Old 09-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Cata

So darkness, i like something more "apple"

2010/9/11 Martin Sourada <martin.sourada@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 18:50 -0400, Emily Dirsh wrote:
>> I know it's a bit down-to-the-wire, but I (finally! ) finished a new
>> revision of the beta wallpaper. It's up on the wiki now here:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-wallpaper-remix-em-light-rev1.png
>>
>> I replaced the light spots/lens flare with a light streak/aurora effect.
>>
>> I don't have the source file uploaded just yet - it's huge! - but I'm
>> working on it and I'll post a link on the wiki ASAP.
>>
>> See what you think!
>>
> Hrm, not bad, but I like this one the best (and I'm already using it):
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-wallpaper-remix-em-dark.png
>
> IMHO the lens flare and darker colours work better than aurora and
> lighter colours.
>
> Keep up the awesome work!
>
> Martin

My sites:
http://catalin-festila.blogspot.com -about me
http://tv.free-tutorials.org - video tutorials
http://python-catalin.blogspot.com - my python blog

Old 09-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Victor Hugo Borges

I like it, but the left side really look like something kinda Windows VISTA/SEVEN.

2010/9/11 Cata <catalinfest@gmail.com>

So darkness, i like something more "apple"

2010/9/11 Martin Sourada <martin.sourada@gmail.com>:

> On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 18:50 -0400, Emily Dirsh wrote:

>> I know it's a bit down-to-the-wire, but I (finally! ) finished a new

>> revision of the beta wallpaper. It's up on the wiki now here:

>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-wallpaper-remix-em-light-rev1.png

>> I replaced the light spots/lens flare with a light streak/aurora effect.

>> I don't have the source file uploaded just yet - it's huge! - but I'm

>> working on it and I'll post a link on the wiki ASAP.

>> See what you think!

> Hrm, not bad, but I like this one the best (and I'm already using it):

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-wallpaper-remix-em-dark.png

> IMHO the lens flare and darker colours work better than aurora and

> lighter colours.

> Keep up the awesome work!

> Martin

My sites:

http://catalin-festila.blogspot.com -about me

http://tv.free-tutorials.org - video tutorials

http://python-catalin.blogspot.com - my python blog

Atenciosamente, V.H.Borges.
http://vhborges.tk

Old 09-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Martin Sourada

On Sat, 2010-09-11 at 10:39 -0300, Victor Hugo Borges wrote:
> I like it, but the left side really look like something kinda Windows
> VISTA/SEVEN.
I always think about it when someone brings this up, but is this
necessarilly a bad thing?

"Bad artists copy. Great artists steal."
-- Pablo Picasso

(which is one of the reasons why I dislike the standard copyright clause
on creative things like music or art)

Martin

Old 09-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Victor Hugo Borges

[...]
"Bad artists copy. Great artists steal."

*-- *Pablo Picasso
[...]

It is something to think about, but when you release a product people expect something very unique.

If that reminds you of one of your rivals at its visual identity, it is not something pretty good to the user that expects more.

Linux community can show really well its features on unique designs.

The wallpaper is really good and it was really well made (congrats to
the creator), and I dont mind using it (thats for sure), but if we could
just choose something that just dont go in to the flow of Aero, Leopard
or Seven; "Going to a diffrent direction", thats, IMHO, is the best thing to do.

--
Atenciosamente, V.H.Borges.
http://vhborges.tk

Old 09-12-2010, 07:04 AM
Cata

Agree with Victor : "Linux community can show really well its features
on unique designs."

Old 09-13-2010, 06:12 AM
Nicu Buculei

On 09/11/2010 09:14 AM, Martin Sourada wrote:
> Hrm, not bad, but I like this one the best (and I'm already using it):
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-wallpaper-remix-em-dark.png

I also like best the colors and composition in this one.

> IMHO the lens flare and darker colours work better than aurora and
> lighter colours.

The flare is, IMO, it's biggest flaw: it looks to me too much like the
default flare in GIMP.

> Keep up the awesome work!

+1