-   -   Beta wallpaper revision (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/425561-beta-wallpaper-revision.html)

Emily Dirsh 09-10-2010 10:50 PM

Beta wallpaper revision

I know it's a bit down-to-the-wire, but I (finally! ;)) finished a new
revision of the beta wallpaper. It's up on the wiki now here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-wallpaper-remix-em-light-rev1.png

I replaced the light spots/lens flare with a light streak/aurora effect.

I don't have the source file uploaded just yet - it's huge! - but I'm
working on it and I'll post a link on the wiki ASAP.

See what you think!

Em

Misha Shnurapet 09-11-2010 03:38 AM

Beta wallpaper revision

11.09.2010, 07:50, "Emily Dirsh" <emily@fightingcrane.com>:
> I know it's a bit down-to-the-wire, but I (finally! ;)) finished a new
> revision of the beta wallpaper. It's up on the wiki now here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-wallpaper-remix-em-light-rev1.png
>
> I replaced the light spots/lens flare with a light streak/aurora effect.
>
> I don't have the source file uploaded just yet - it's huge! - but I'm
> working on it and I'll post a link on the wiki ASAP.
>
> See what you think!

Hi, Emily.

This one has got good colors! I looove the effect, however, the streak
lines go across the rays, and I feel a little dissonance.

--
Best regards,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Shnurapet

Wolnei 09-11-2010 05:15 AM

Beta wallpaper revision

The left side of wallpaper remember some wallpapers of Windows and Mac.
And to me the wallpaper is confuse, the left and right sides are completely differents, don't have harmony.

--
Wolnei Junior
Brazil Fedora Ambassador

Martin Sourada 09-11-2010 06:14 AM

Beta wallpaper revision

On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 18:50 -0400, Emily Dirsh wrote:
> I know it's a bit down-to-the-wire, but I (finally! ;)) finished a new
> revision of the beta wallpaper. It's up on the wiki now here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-wallpaper-remix-em-light-rev1.png
>
> I replaced the light spots/lens flare with a light streak/aurora effect.
>
> I don't have the source file uploaded just yet - it's huge! - but I'm
> working on it and I'll post a link on the wiki ASAP.
>
> See what you think!

Hrm, not bad, but I like this one the best (and I'm already using it):
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-wallpaper-remix-em-dark.png

IMHO the lens flare and darker colours work better than aurora and
lighter colours.

Keep up the awesome work! :)

Martin

Cata 09-11-2010 11:24 AM

Beta wallpaper revision

So darkness, i like something more "apple"

2010/9/11 Martin Sourada <martin.sourada@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 18:50 -0400, Emily Dirsh wrote:
>> I know it's a bit down-to-the-wire, but I (finally! ;)) finished a new
>> revision of the beta wallpaper. It's up on the wiki now here:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-wallpaper-remix-em-light-rev1.png
>>
>> I replaced the light spots/lens flare with a light streak/aurora effect.
>>
>> I don't have the source file uploaded just yet - it's huge! - but I'm
>> working on it and I'll post a link on the wiki ASAP.
>>
>> See what you think!
>>
> Hrm, not bad, but I like this one the best (and I'm already using it):
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-wallpaper-remix-em-dark.png
>
> IMHO the lens flare and darker colours work better than aurora and
> lighter colours.
>
> Keep up the awesome work! :)
>
> Martin

My sites:
http://catalin-festila.blogspot.com -about me
http://tv.free-tutorials.org - video tutorials
http://python-catalin.blogspot.com - my python blog

Victor Hugo Borges 09-11-2010 01:39 PM

Beta wallpaper revision

I like it, but the left side really look like something kinda Windows VISTA/SEVEN.

2010/9/11 Cata <catalinfest@gmail.com>

So darkness, i like something more "apple"

2010/9/11 Martin Sourada <martin.sourada@gmail.com>:

> On Fri, 2010-09-10 at 18:50 -0400, Emily Dirsh wrote:

>> I know it's a bit down-to-the-wire, but I (finally! ;)) finished a new

>> revision of the beta wallpaper. It's up on the wiki now here:

>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-wallpaper-remix-em-light-rev1.png

>> I replaced the light spots/lens flare with a light streak/aurora effect.

>> I don't have the source file uploaded just yet - it's huge! - but I'm

>> working on it and I'll post a link on the wiki ASAP.

>> See what you think!

> Hrm, not bad, but I like this one the best (and I'm already using it):

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-wallpaper-remix-em-dark.png

> IMHO the lens flare and darker colours work better than aurora and

> lighter colours.

> Keep up the awesome work! :)

> Martin

My sites:

http://catalin-festila.blogspot.com -about me

http://tv.free-tutorials.org - video tutorials

http://python-catalin.blogspot.com - my python blog

Atenciosamente, V.H.Borges.
http://vhborges.tk

Martin Sourada 09-11-2010 10:58 PM

Beta wallpaper revision

On Sat, 2010-09-11 at 10:39 -0300, Victor Hugo Borges wrote:
> I like it, but the left side really look like something kinda Windows
> VISTA/SEVEN.
I always think about it when someone brings this up, but is this
necessarilly a bad thing?

"Bad artists copy. Great artists steal."
-- Pablo Picasso

(which is one of the reasons why I dislike the standard copyright clause
on creative things like music or art)

Martin

Victor Hugo Borges 09-11-2010 11:14 PM

Beta wallpaper revision

[...]
"Bad artists copy. Great artists steal."

*-- *Pablo Picasso
[...]

It is something to think about, but when you release a product people expect something very unique.

If that reminds you of one of your rivals at its visual identity, it is not something pretty good to the user that expects more.

Linux community can show really well its features on unique designs.

The wallpaper is really good and it was really well made (congrats to
the creator), and I dont mind using it (thats for sure), but if we could
just choose something that just dont go in to the flow of Aero, Leopard
or Seven; "Going to a diffrent direction", thats, IMHO, is the best thing to do.

--
Atenciosamente, V.H.Borges.
http://vhborges.tk

Cata 09-12-2010 07:04 AM

Beta wallpaper revision

Agree with Victor : "Linux community can show really well its features
on unique designs."

Nicu Buculei 09-13-2010 06:12 AM

Beta wallpaper revision

On 09/11/2010 09:14 AM, Martin Sourada wrote:
> Hrm, not bad, but I like this one the best (and I'm already using it):
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:F14-wallpaper-remix-em-dark.png

I also like best the colors and composition in this one.

> IMHO the lens flare and darker colours work better than aurora and
> lighter colours.

The flare is, IMO, it's biggest flaw: it looks to me too much like the
default flare in GIMP.

> Keep up the awesome work! :)

+1