Old 09-18-2010, 12:17 AM
Chris Jones

Default --September 10, 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 02:52 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> That was a suggestion and a perfectly acceptable alternative way of
> presenting the apps if they are organized better than they currently are
> in the GNOME apps menu.

Yeah but I was originally referring to the Inkscape icon on the desktop
that links to a tutorial url.

I think you may have misunderstood my original post Mairin.

Regards

--
Chris Jones

PHOTO RESOLUTIONS - Photo - Graphic - Web
ABN: 98 317 740 240
E: chrisjones@comcen.com.au
W: http://photoresolutions.freehostia.com

Old 09-18-2010, 09:04 AM
Máirín Duffy

On Sat, 2010-09-18 at 10:17 +1000, Chris Jones wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 02:52 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>
> > That was a suggestion and a perfectly acceptable alternative way of
> > presenting the apps if they are organized better than they currently are
> > in the GNOME apps menu.
> >

> Yeah but I was originally referring to the Inkscape icon on the desktop
> that links to a tutorial url.
>
> I think you may have misunderstood my original post Mairin.

I'm talking about the app launchers and the tutorial launchers. Please
do not remove them without providing them in some alternative
easily-accessible way. Otherwise it will create a lot of extra work for
me in respinning the image when I teach a class.

Make sense?

~m

Old 09-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Chris Jones

On Sat, 2010-09-18 at 05:04 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> I'm talking about the app launchers and the tutorial launchers. Please
> do not remove them without providing them in some alternative
> easily-accessible way. Otherwise it will create a lot of extra work for
> me in respinning the image when I teach a class.
>
> Make sense?

Ok. No worries. It was never my intention to alter the App Launcher
Menu(s). So you're all good there.

Cheers

Old 09-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Máirín Duffy

On Sat, 2010-09-18 at 20:45 +1000, Chris Jones wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-09-18 at 05:04 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > I'm talking about the app launchers and the tutorial launchers. Please
> > do not remove them without providing them in some alternative
> > easily-accessible way. Otherwise it will create a lot of extra work for
> > me in respinning the image when I teach a class.
> >
> > Make sense?
> >

> Ok. No worries. It was never my intention to alter the App Launcher
> Menu(s). So you're all good there.

I think you're misunderstanding me. Please don't remove the desktop
application icons.

~m

Old 09-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Chris Jones

On Sat, 2010-09-18 at 09:53 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> I think you're misunderstanding me. Please don't remove the desktop
> application icons.

Yes Mairin, I get what you mean. Don't worry, we're not going to remove
the icons anytime soon. In fact, you may even see more of them in future
releases. Although, it is still officially up for debate.

Regards