Old 09-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Marc Stewart

Default Supplemental Wallpaper XML Slideshow

Emily and Máirín,

I've created a slideshow file for the supplemental wallpapers.
http://marcstewart.fedorapeople.org/f14/supplemental/F14_Supplemental.xml

For now, I'm assuming:

/usr/share/backgrounds/f14-supplemental/

for the directory and:

Autumn_colors.jpg
Mricon-f14-backgrounds-submission-red.jpg
Denali_from_mckinley_princess_lodge.jpg
Mricon-f14-backgrounds-submission-cart.jpg
Jean-marie_hullot_(imhullot_on_flickr).jpg
P1040377.jpg
The_sound_of_decadence.jpg
Dutch_skies.jpg
Kuranda_Butterfly_Sanctuary.jpg
Seneca_lake.jpg
Nicubunu-f14-backgrounds-submission-Magic-forest.jpg
Geese_at_Sunset.jpg
Turning_and_turning_in_the_widening_gyre.jpg

for the filenames. That's excluding the two problematic ones mentioned
in the meeting. Obviously, if you hear back from their creator, I can
add them in too.

The details are easy enough to change, aswell, if, for example,
Nicubunu-f14-backgrounds-submission-Magic-forest.jpg ends up being
renamed as just Magic_forest.jpg, or another installation
directory/directories is/are used. Just let me know.

I've set them to change after 30 minutes, and since different aspect
images have a tendency to cause a resizing glitch during the transition,
I've opted not to use a fade between the images. If all the images end
up sharing the 4:3 ratio, then I could add in, say, a two second
transition time.

Marc

Old 09-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Martin Sourada

Hi Marc,

On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 00:08 +0100, Marc Stewart wrote:
> Emily and Máirín,
>
> I've created a slideshow file for the supplemental wallpapers.
> http://marcstewart.fedorapeople.org/f14/supplemental/F14_Supplemental.xml
>
> For now, I'm assuming:
>
> /usr/share/backgrounds/f14-supplemental/

IMHO it's better to put it under
/usr/share/backgrounds/laughlin/extras

to keep consistency with
/usr/share/backgrounds/laughlin/default

which is used for the default wallpaper.

Martin

Old 09-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Marc Stewart

On Wed, 2010-09-08 at 13:17 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:
> IMHO it's better to put it under
> /usr/share/backgrounds/laughlin/extras
That makes sense. File updated.

Marc