Old 09-07-2010, 12:58 AM
Emily Dirsh

Default F14 splashes

Hi all,

There's been a number of new wallpapers and splash screens submitted. I
think I've got them all collected on the wiki pages. So, if anyone wants
to go look and submit feedback in preparation for the meeting tomorrow
(there's still a meeting tomorrow right? ) you can see the wallpapers
at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork#Wallpapers_2 and the
splash screens at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork_Supporting_Grahics

Thanks!
Emily

Old 09-07-2010, 06:10 AM
Cata

@Emily
I like your concept of simplicity. I also like how you rendered the
model by positioning the camera.
@Marc Stewart
Your concept is good, but we voted for a wallpaper.
But I would not quit and I try something 3D.
I saw many pictures with 3D fractals and they are wonderful with the
beauty of mathematics.

2010/9/7 Emily Dirsh <emily@fightingcrane.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> There's been a number of new wallpapers and splash screens submitted. I
> think I've got them all collected on the wiki pages. So, if anyone wants
> to go look and submit feedback in preparation for the meeting tomorrow
> (there's still a meeting tomorrow right? ) you can see the wallpapers
> at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork#Wallpapers_2 and the
> splash screens at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork_Supporting_Grahics
>
> Thanks!
> Emily

My sites:
http://catalin-festila.blogspot.com -about me
http://tv.free-tutorials.org - video tutorials
http://python-catalin.blogspot.com - my python blog

Old 09-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Victor Hugo Borges

Hey all,

Is my first time ever in a list so, let me noob a little.
I was reading the wiki about how to join the design team and stuff and it said I must introduce myself here.
Well, let me do it.
Im Borges, and I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. (with S)

My portfolio is here: http://vhborges.tumblr.com and i make art about 6 years.
and i would love to help creating some wallpapers, icons and other design things to the Fedora distro.

Those wallpapers are pretty cool. (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork#Wallpapers_2)
Congrats.

Until next time,

Sincerally, V.H.Borges.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Nicu Buculei

On 09/07/2010 01:28 PM, Victor Hugo Borges wrote:
> Hey all,

Hi Victor,

> Is my first time ever in a list so, let me noob a little.
> I was reading the wiki about how to join the design team and stuff and
> it said I must introduce myself here.
> Well, let me do it.

Welcome

> Im Borges, and I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. (with S)
> My portfolio is here: http://vhborges.tumblr.com and i make art about 6
> years.

Nice, thanks for sharing.

> and i would love to help creating some wallpapers, icons and other
> design things to the Fedora distro.

You are in the right place, here is where the development is happening.
Watch the conversations and jump in when you feel right. If there is
something unclear, don't be afraid to ask.

As you say you are new with mailing lists, there is a small advice: when
writing about a new topic, the best is to start with creating a new
message, not reply to an old, existing conversation and also put a
proper subject line, this way you will increase the change for your mail
to be read by people (not everybody read all the messages in all
conversations).