Old 09-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Marc Stewart

Default Grub, anaconda and firstboot idea

How would everyone feel about a fractal-based installer, boot, etc.?

http://marcstewart.fedorapeople.org/f14/f14_grub_fractals4-1.png
http://marcstewart.fedorapeople.org/f14/f14_anaconda_topbanner_fractals4-1.png
http://marcstewart.fedorapeople.org/f14/f14_firstboot_fractals4-1.png

Marc

Old 09-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Pierros Papadeas

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 6:21 PM, Marc Stewart
<marc.c.stewart@googlemail.com> wrote:
> How would everyone feel about a fractal-based installer, boot, etc.?
>
> http://marcstewart.fedorapeople.org/f14/f14_grub_fractals4-1.png
> http://marcstewart.fedorapeople.org/f14/f14_anaconda_topbanner_fractals4-1.png
> http://marcstewart.fedorapeople.org/f14/f14_firstboot_fractals4-1.png
>
> Marc

Hi Marc! Nice work

I like the fractal idea and it seems to be fairly consistent with the
F14 design-theme. But we need to make sure that those are easily
recognisable fractals as in some points they seem like whippings and
cracks.

The basic idea is cool.. just needs a small design-uplift

--
Pierros Papadeas
PGP key: 0x6130DBF8

Old 09-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Kris Thomsen

Nice work

Own you make a wallpaper out of it, which is not so 'in your face'? Put a gradient on it or something

// Kris