Old 09-02-2010, 06:46 AM
Nicu Buculei

Default Supplemental Wallpapers

On 09/02/2010 09:02 AM, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> On 09/02/2010 04:41 AM, Emily Dirsh wrote:
>>
>> Also, nicubunu mentioned blogging/promoting the supplemental wallpaper
>> package, but I don't have a blog - so is there anyone on the list
>> with a blog who wants to plug it for us?
>
> I'll do it (start writing in 3, 2, 1... )

Done:
http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/2010/09/fedora-14-supplemental-wallpapers.html

Old 09-03-2010, 01:45 AM
Emily Dirsh

On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 09:46 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> On 09/02/2010 09:02 AM, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> > On 09/02/2010 04:41 AM, Emily Dirsh wrote:
> >>
> >> Also, nicubunu mentioned blogging/promoting the supplemental wallpaper
> >> package, but I don't have a blog - so is there anyone on the list
> >> with a blog who wants to plug it for us?
> >
> > I'll do it (start writing in 3, 2, 1... )
>
> Done:
> http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/2010/09/fedora-14-supplemental-wallpapers.html

Thanks Nicu!

I've also received positive replies from the folks I contacted. (5 for
5! woo!) I went ahead and updated the attributions on the wiki to comply
with their individual attribution requests.

Now we just need to test them and make any necessary edits!

Emily

Old 09-03-2010, 06:09 AM
Nicu Buculei

On 09/03/2010 04:45 AM, Emily Dirsh wrote:

> I've also received positive replies from the folks I contacted. (5 for
> 5! woo!) I went ahead and updated the attributions on the wiki to comply
> with their individual attribution requests.

Didn't get an answer yet from Hamed Saber but is still early, I think we
can wait at least one week before taking a decision about him.

I also blogged one of the replies I found particularly touching:
http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/2010/09/everyone-can-contribute.html

> Now we just need to test them and make any necessary edits!

Yes please.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:12 AM
Martin Sourada

On Wed, 2010-09-01 at 13:43 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> We will also need the help of a packager to push them in the distro,
> Martin or someone else, can you lend a hand?

Hi all,

I'm terribly sorry but it seems like I won't be able to make the
package, not till tomorrow at the very least (after I hopefully pass an
exam from group theory). That said, if anyone prepared all the needed
stuff and left for me only the packaging part, I think I could spare
about half an hour to do the package (it will be subpackages of
laughlin-backgrounds os it will be just simple SPEC editing, build and
update issue).

For the wallpapers we have upstream at (all design-team members can
commit)
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=design-team.git;a=summary

Note that constantine-backgrounds, which also had extra wallpapers, are
there too (but IIRC only for GNOME, but ultimately I want them to be
available also for KDE, LXDE and XFCE as well, but we can figure these
later) so you can use them as an example of how we did it in the past.

I apologize again,
Martin

Old 09-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Emily Dirsh

Old 09-07-2010, 08:05 PM
"Fabian A. Scherschel"

Sorry that I haven't blogged this, but I am sitting in Tuscany without ssh and the server LO and my blog are on is under heavy DDoS which I can't solve from here. I will see what I can do when I get back from holiday in a week or so.

Sorry.... :/

Fab

# Fabian A. Scherschel

# Host & Producer, Sixgun Productions

# Member, Fedora Design Team

Old 09-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Máirín Duffy

On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 22:05 +0200, Fabian A. Scherschel wrote:
> Sorry that I haven't blogged this, but I am sitting in Tuscany without
> ssh and the server LO and my blog are on is under heavy DDoS which I
> can't solve from here. I will see what I can do when I get back from
> holiday in a week or so.

Don't worry about it Fab, enjoy your vacation Emily & Nicu have been
taking care of it so it's no problem.

~m

Old 09-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Emily Dirsh

I've resized all the wallpapers to fit with the standard sizes and updated them on the wiki. Thanks to Marc for taking care of Dutch Skies!

Em

Old 09-13-2010, 10:26 AM
Nicu Buculei

On 09/03/2010 09:09 AM, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> On 09/03/2010 04:45 AM, Emily Dirsh wrote:
>>
>> I've also received positive replies from the folks I contacted. (5 for
>> 5! woo!) I went ahead and updated the attributions on the wiki to comply
>> with their individual attribution requests.
>
> Didn't get an answer yet from Hamed Saber but is still early, I think we
> can wait at least one week before taking a decision about him.

He replied today, was offline for objective reasons and he is a long
time Linux user and glad to contribute back. I think we can and have to
time to add hos two images in a revision of the package.