Old 08-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Máirín Duffy

Default Reminder: Design Team meeting today (2010 Aug 31)

Hi folks,

We're on for a meeting today. Here's a rough agenda:

- Supplemental wallpapers
- Photomanip & verification (for license) for the final picks needs to
be done by 03-Sep

- F14 Wallpaper - due 10 Sep

- F14 splashes - due 6 Sep

- Open floor

It'll be in #fedora-design on freenode, 1900 UTC.

Luya: 12 PM
Tatica: 3 PM
Martha: 3 PM
Máirín: 3 PM
Onyeibo: 8 PM
fabsh: 9 PM
wonderer: 9 PM
Martin: 9 PM
Nicu: 10 PM
Pierros: 10 PM

~m

Old 09-01-2010, 01:42 PM
James Laska

On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 10:53 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> We're on for a meeting today. Here's a rough agenda:
>
> - Supplemental wallpapers
> - Photomanip & verification (for license) for the final picks needs to
> be done by 03-Sep
>
> - F14 Wallpaper - due 10 Sep
>
> - F14 splashes - due 6 Sep
>
> - Open floor

Oops, I missed the meeting. I was hoping to ask for ideas/input on
drafting release criteria around the artwork for Fedora 14.

Thanks,
James

Old 09-02-2010, 02:11 AM
Marc Stewart

Couldn't make the meeting this week, but looked over the transcript
earlier. Since nobody volunteered to do the firstboot/anaconda/syslinux
banners, I thought I'd take a stab at it. First pass at the firstboot
sidebanner is here:
http://marcstewart.fedorapeople.org/f14/f14_first_boot_ocean_emergence.png

I've taken the radial lines of Kyle's wallpaper, added some ocean waves
for extra texture, and Mythcat's sprites for highlights. Thoughts and
opinions?

GIMP source (54MB) is in the same directory, and includes the details of
the source images in the comment.

Marc

Old 09-02-2010, 06:14 AM
Cata

Nice , why corners ?
I think it would look better as a vertical effect.

2010/9/2 Marc Stewart <marc.c.stewart@googlemail.com>:
> Couldn't make the meeting this week, but looked over the transcript
> earlier. Since nobody volunteered to do the firstboot/anaconda/syslinux
> banners, I thought I'd take a stab at it. First pass at the firstboot
> sidebanner is here:
> http://marcstewart.fedorapeople.org/f14/f14_first_boot_ocean_emergence.png
>
> I've taken the radial lines of Kyle's wallpaper, added some ocean waves
> for extra texture, and Mythcat's sprites for highlights. Thoughts and
> opinions?
>
> GIMP source (54MB) is in the same directory, and includes the details of
> the source images in the comment.
>
> Marc

My sites:
http://catalin-festila.blogspot.com -about me
http://tv.free-tutorials.org - video tutorials
http://python-catalin.blogspot.com - my python blog

Old 09-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Marc Stewart

On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 09:14 +0300, Cata wrote:
> Nice , why corners ?
To echo the radial spokeyness* of the wallpaper.

> I think it would look better as a vertical effect.
I think you may be right.
http://marcstewart.fedorapeople.org/f14/f14_first_boot_ocean_emergence_vertical.png

Marc
* 43 results from Google agree that it is a real word

Old 09-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Cata

I turn your vertical result with 180 degre ( flip vertical ) and i
thing is much better .
I remember about waterfall ...more natural effect.