Old 08-30-2010, 01:35 PM
James Laska

Default Release criteria discussion: artwork

Greetings design team,

During F13 testing, the idea of drafting release criteria [1] around
Fedora artwork surfaced. This topic came up again during F-14-Alpha as
a result of bug#621027 (Graphical screen in anaconda shows F-13).

The QA team could use design-team input to develop accurate release
criteria around artwork availability and desktop integration. Please
note, there is already Final release criteria around the desktop
icons/menus. These criteria are mainly for display manager and desktop
backgrounds, firstboot sidebar+banners and other release artwork.

Perhaps for the Beta ... we assert that the installer must display
artwork for the appropriate release under test (e.g. Fedora 14 installer
cannot display Fedora 13 artwork)? Anything else to consider for the
beta?

Perhaps for the Final release ... we assert that the installer,
firstboot, display manager (gdm, kdm), and desktop environment all use
the appropriate Fedora 14 artwork. This includes banners, sidebars,
backgrounds. I know there are more considerations, such as multiple
background sizes. Are there additional artwork considerations for the
Final release?

NOTE: The above of course makes assumptions about the design-team
release schedule. I'm certainly not familiar with those dates, so
feedback encouraged.

Thanks,
James

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Release_Criteria