Old 08-19-2010, 09:46 PM
"Fabian A. Scherschel"

Default Supplemental Wallpaper Submission Voting

Captain's Log, Supplemental...
I just closed the Supplemental Wallpaper Submissions down. Please head to the main page [1] and the older one which also has excellent images [2] and pick the 20 images you like the most. Please submit your vote here or at the IRC meeting on Tuesday when we'll wrap the voting process up and pick the final winners.

Happy choosing, everyone!
Fab
P.S.: I'm gonna cheat and vote for some of my own as well now that Mo has said it's OK to vote when you have horses in the race too. Yes, I am that evil and outlaw...

[1]*https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork_Supplemental_Wallpapers_Submissions#Su bmissions

[2]*http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/Wallpaper_Extras
# Fabian A. Scherschel
# Host & Producer, Sixgun Productions# Member, Fedora Design Team

Old 08-20-2010, 03:55 AM
Emily Dirsh

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 23:46 +0200, Fabian A. Scherschel wrote:
> Captain's Log, Supplemental...
>

> I just closed the Supplemental Wallpaper Submissions down. Please head
> to the main page [1] and the older one which also has excellent images
> [2] and pick the 20 images you like the most. Please submit your vote
> here or at the IRC meeting on Tuesday when we'll wrap the voting
> process up and pick the final winners.
>

> Happy choosing, everyone!
>

> Fab

These are my votes:
Hope
Cart
Oh tomorrow i'm alone
Thou apocalypse
Denali from mckinley princess lodge
Sunset in iceland
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The sound of decadence
Dutch skies
Geese at Sunset
Magic Forest
Bigfoot
Bohol beach club
jean-marie hullot
P1040377 (Blue w/ Black stripe)
Nighttime water
Path
River Kunzas Fog
Magnetic Island Sunset
Kuranda Butterfly Sanctuary

Old 08-20-2010, 07:06 AM
Nicu Buculei

On 08/20/2010 12:46 AM, Fabian A. Scherschel wrote:

> I just closed the Supplemental Wallpaper Submissions down. Please head
> to the main page [1] and the older one which also has excellent images
> [2] and pick the 20 images you like the most. Please submit your vote
> here or at the IRC meeting on Tuesday when we'll wrap the voting process
> up and pick the final winners.

And a note for the people voting: please, do not look at thumbnails or
small size previews before voting, there are important quality criteria
like the noise level, clarity at 100% zoom, available resolution, color
aberrations, unwanted elements in the frame, composition, motion blur.

I won't be able to attend the next meeting (being at a photography camp
where I will take pictures people want as their wallpapers but we can't
use - bribe me for some ) so the vote goes here (followed my own
criteria above and found less than 20 satisfying images):
- Magic forest
- The sound of decadence
- Seneca Lake
- Jean-marie hullot
- Geese at Sunset
- Sheep
- Kuranda Butterfly Sanctuary
- Southern Germany 3
- Mricon-f14-backgrounds-submission-red
- Mricon-f14-backgrounds-submission-sand
- Thou_apocalypse
- Another sunset (needs editing)
- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Wallpaper-nicubunu-rose5.jpg
- http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Wallpaper-nicubunu-macro1.jpg

*Only* if we have high-res available, also (scrap if we don't):
- Path
- Chain
- Nighttime-water
- Evening-sun

Old 08-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Mara Leandro

My choices:
from:*https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork_Supplemental_Wallpapers_Submissions
1.- lavender kiss (flip it)

2.- Ethereality (crop)
3.-*Thou Apocalypse
4.-*Denali
5.-*Energy
6.-*Bohol Beach Club
7.-*Seneca Lak
8.-*Autumn Colors
from:*http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/Wallpaper_Extras

9.-*Favourable Lake, Canada (clean upper side, sky)
10.-*Botswana Sunset

Sry I didn't suggest 20 :

--
tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro

http://www.fedora-ve.orghttp://proyectofedora.org
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MariaLeandro

LinuxUser= 440285
GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56
"Be yourself... Don't be anyone else"

Old 08-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Cata

I like only :
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/8/81/Rockies2.JPG
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/c/ca/Galapagos3.jpg

2010/8/20 Mara Leandro <tatica@fedoraproject.org>:
> My choices:
> from:*https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_Artwork_Supplemental_Wallpapers_Submissions
> 1.- lavender kiss (flip it)
> 2.- Ethereality (crop)
> 3.-*Thou Apocalypse
> 4.-*Denali
> 5.-*Energy
> 6.-*Bohol Beach Club
> 7.-*Seneca Lak
> 8.-*Autumn Colors
> from:*http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/Wallpaper_Extras
> 9.-*Favourable Lake, Canada (clean upper side, sky)
> 10.-*Botswana Sunset
>
> Sry I didn't suggest 20 :
>

> --
> tatica
> Maria Gracia Leandro
> http://www.tatica.org
> http://www.fedora-ve.org
> http://proyectofedora.org
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MariaLeandro
> LinuxUser= 440285
> GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56
> "Be yourself... Don't be anyone else"

My sites:
http://catalin-festila.blogspot.com -about me
http://tv.free-tutorials.org - video tutorials
http://python-catalin.blogspot.com - my python blog

Old 08-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Martin Sourada

So, here goes my vote:

* Denali from McKinley Princess Lodge
* Dutch Skies
* Frangipanis
* Hope
* Mount Bator and Mount Sumeru in the back in Bali
* Kuranda Butterfly Sanctuary
* lavender kiss
* Cart (taken in Cape Breton)
* Gnarled (taken in Cape Breton)
* Oh Tomorrow I’m Alone ...
* Purple drops
* Sunny
* Thou Apocalypse
* Tiny Flowers

Martin

Old 08-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Martha Benitez

My favorites in 'order of appearance:

Cart
Oh Tomorrow I’m Alone ...
Thou Apocalypse
Denali from McKinley Princess Lodge
The Sound of Decadence
Jean-Marie Hullot
Seneca Lake
Harvest Time

Caña fistola
Geese at Sunset
Nighttime Water
Chain
Southern Germany 3
Candy Apples
Curious Gecko
Acoustic guitar
A cactus
Autumn
Red (macro1)
Rockies2

Martha Benitez

Old 08-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Alexander Smirnov

My votes:

* Gnarled
* Thou Apocalypse
* Seneca Lake
* P1040377
* Autumn Colors
* The One and Only East
* Gunung Batur Sunrise 6
* Sunny
* Waterdrops
* Lunacy in HDR
* Magic Forest
* Southern Germany 4

* Butterfly
* Frangipanis
* Kuranda Butterfly

Alexander.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Máirín Duffy

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 23:46 +0200, Fabian A. Scherschel wrote:
> Captain's Log, Supplemental...
>

> I just closed the Supplemental Wallpaper Submissions down. Please head
> to the main page [1] and the older one which also has excellent images
> [2] and pick the 20 images you like the most. Please submit your vote
> here or at the IRC meeting on Tuesday when we'll wrap the voting
> process up and pick the final winners.

These aren't in any particular order:

• 1 Dawn (needs brightening)
• 2 Virgin Dune (needs cropping)
• 3 Lavender Kiss (flip it)
• 4 Thou Apocalypse (color differently)
• 5 Denali from McKinley Princess Lodge
• 6 Turning_and_turning_in_the_widening_gyre (maybe some photomanip to
make for a more interesting silhouette)
• 7 Seneca Lake
• 8 P1040377
• 9 Harvest time (maybe photomanip to replace sky)
• 10 Autumn colors (remove trees from bottom, photomanip to enlarge)
• 11 /Jean-marie_hullot
• 12 /The_one_and_only_east (photomanip on colors?)
• 13 Waterdrops (photomanip to enlarge?)
• 14 Magic Forest (maybe rotate very slightly to the left?)
• 15 -gothick-acoustic-guitar.jpg
• 16 Butterfly
• 17 purple drops
• 18 dutch skies (photomanip to remove watermark)
• 19 energy at dusk
• 20 Wallpaper-nicubunu-lights.jpg (shift lights more to upper right
corner, maybe make them a bit smaller)

~m

Old 08-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Jakub Steiner

Happy choosing, everyone!

Howdy!

Very happy to see some quality submissions. Here's my picks (unordered):

* Magic Forrest - very calm tone that more than supplements the high contrast which would otherwise be a problem. I would add a bit of vignetting.

* The Sound of Decadence - while some may consider the link to a dead old technology be a negative thing for Fedora, visually it is such a an awesome wallpaper.

* Oregano - after cleaning up with the clone tool. They do it to models, plants should not be spared.

* Tiny flowers - again, the calm mood compensates for the higher contrast I think.

* Seneca - love the colors. The center crop kinda divides the screen in half. Still loving it.

* Turning and Turning in the Widening - Spacy. Fedora.

* Levander Kiss - Very saturated yet still usable.

* Glitter Bokeh - would be a good base to play around with.