Old 08-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Robyn Bergeron

Default Want to help pick the F14 Release Slogan?

We need a slogan for the F14 release. A release slogan is a short
call-to-action that fits the artwork theme from Design, found at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_release_slogan#Themes. (F13's
slogan was "Rock it.")

If you are interested in suggesting ideas for the release slogan,
please take a look at the Release Slogan SOP, and the criteria for
selection, at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_slogan_SOP. The
slogan must be:

* short (1-3 words)
* a call to action
* positive

It should reinforce that Fedora helps the user achieve something
great. It should also reflect some of ideas and themes found in the
release artwork, and, if possible, also touch upon the Four
Foundations (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundations).

Please put your slogan ideas here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_release_slogan#New_slogan_ideas

The deadline for submissions is Tuesday, August 17, at 21:00 UTC,
which is our next Marketing meeting
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings). We'll be
discussing submissions there, and then the FPL, Mo Duffy, and the
Marketing team lead (that's me!) will take that input and select the
final slogan on Wednesday, August 18. Let me know if you have any
questions, comments, or concerns -- and let the wiki table know if you
have any ideas!

Cheers,

-Robyn

Old 08-11-2010, 09:46 PM
"Neville A. Cross"

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 2:40 PM, Robyn Bergeron
<robyn.bergeron@gmail.com> wrote:
> We need a slogan for the F14 release. A release slogan is a short
> call-to-action that fits the artwork theme from Design, found at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_release_slogan#Themes. (F13's
> slogan was "Rock it.")
>
> If you are interested in suggesting ideas for the release slogan,
> please take a look at the Release Slogan SOP, and the criteria for
> selection, at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_slogan_SOP. The
> slogan must be:
>
> * short (1-3 words)
> * a call to action
> * positive
>
> It should reinforce that Fedora helps the user achieve something
> great. It should also reflect some of ideas and themes found in the
> release artwork, and, if possible, also touch upon the Four
> Foundations (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundations).
>
> Please put your slogan ideas here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_release_slogan#New_slogan_ideas
>
> The deadline for submissions is Tuesday, August 17, at 21:00 UTC,
> which is our next Marketing meeting
> (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_meetings). We'll be
> discussing submissions there, and then the FPL, Mo Duffy, and the
> Marketing team lead (that's me!) will take that input and select the
> final slogan on Wednesday, August 18. Let me know if you have any
> questions, comments, or concerns -- and let the wiki table know if you
> have any ideas!
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Robyn

Shouldn't be also advisable/desirable that the slogan take into
account the release name Laughlin if possible?

--
Neville
Linux User # 473217

Old 08-12-2010, 03:38 AM
"Caius 'kaio' Chance"

Just done mine.

LEAD - Let everyone advance daily!

kaio

[...]

Caius 'kaio' Chance / かいお

Old 08-12-2010, 06:11 AM
Emily Dirsh

We need a slogan for the F14 release. A release slogan is a short

call-to-action that fits the artwork theme from Design, found at

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F14_release_slogan#Themes. (F13's

slogan was "Rock it.")

I'm thinking something like "do more", or something with "more", like "more than the sum of it's parts".

Old 08-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Misha Shnurapet

12.08.2010, 05:40, "Robyn Bergeron" <robyn.bergeron@gmail.com>:
> If you are interested in suggesting ideas for the release slogan,
> please take a look at the Release Slogan SOP, and the criteria for
> selection, at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_slogan_SOP. The
> slogan must be:
>
> * short (1-3 words)
> * a call to action
> * positive

Added mine.

Impress

--
Best regards,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Shnurapet

Old 08-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Cata

With us - a step to quality.

2010/8/12 Misha Shnurapet <zayzayats@yandex.ru>:
> 12.08.2010, 05:40, "Robyn Bergeron" <robyn.bergeron@gmail.com>:
>> If you are interested in suggesting ideas for the release slogan,
>> please take a look at the Release Slogan SOP, and the criteria for
>> selection, at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_slogan_SOP. The
>> slogan must be:
>>
>> * short (1-3 words)
>> * a call to action
>> * positive
>
> Added mine.
>
> Impress
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Misha Shnurapet, Fedora Project Contributor
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Shnurapet
> shnurapet AT fedoraproject.org, GPG: 00217306

My sites:
http://catalin-festila.blogspot.com -about me
http://tv.free-tutorials.org - video tutorials
http://python-catalin.blogspot.com - my python blog