Old 04-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Manuel Escudero

Default My First completed Task!!

Hi Designers, As I told you before, I want to Join to the Fedora's Designers Group and I've already claimed 1 Ticket of the Design Service Queue, it is the #28, and by now, I've completed my first Task by creating a New logo for REVISOR, I made 2 samples, hope you guys like them...

PS. Both of them are in ".png" Format with Transparent Background, feel free to check them at:

SAMPLE 1 URL:*http://goo.gl/vJAj

SAMPLE 2 URL:*http://goo.gl/g1q8

and the ticket URL is this one:

https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/28

See you!

Old 04-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Nicu Buculei

On 04/06/2010 02:06 AM, Manuel Escudero wrote:
> Hi Designers, As I told you before, I want to Join to the Fedora's

Hi,

> Designers Group and I've already claimed 1 Ticket of the Design Service
> Queue, it is the #28, and by now, I've completed my first Task by
> creating a New logo for REVISOR, I made 2 samples, hope you guys like
> them...

Since it is your first task, I hope you won't mind some general advices.

First, the ticket was really old (imported last year from the wiki) so I
don't know if it is actual or not (we really need some cleaning in the
ticket queue), the initial requester does not seem subscribed there. I
see they are using something
(http://revisor.fedoraunity.org/screenshots/select-media.png/view), not
sure if they are happy with that or want a change.

Then, when you propose a solution to a ticket, *do not close it as
fixed*, it will be closed as it when the requester is happy with the result.

> PS. Both of them are in ".png" Format with Transparent Background, feel
> free to check them at:

Are the sources available?

> SAMPLE 1 URL: http://goo.gl/vJAj
> SAMPLE 2 URL: http://goo.gl/g1q8

Why not upload the images (along with their sources) to the ticket?

Old 04-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Manuel Escudero

Ok, we need a better organization system in that Task queue... Anyway, I think that they want a change, and more that a change a logo, the picture that you sent me is a Screenshot of Revisor,

I'll reopen the ticket and about why I didn't uploaded the images and their sources to the ticket is because they were too big to be attached, the system threw me a size error

is there another thing that I can do? I really want to get involved in the design team, thanks.

JM

2010/4/6 Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro>

On 04/06/2010 02:06 AM, Manuel Escudero wrote:

> Hi Designers, As I told you before, I want to Join to the Fedora's

Hi,

> Designers Group and I've already claimed 1 Ticket of the Design Service

> Queue, it is the #28, and by now, I've completed my first Task by

> creating a New logo for REVISOR, I made 2 samples, hope you guys like

> them...

Since it is your first task, I hope you won't mind some general advices.

First, the ticket was really old (imported last year from the wiki) so I

don't know if it is actual or not (we really need some cleaning in the

ticket queue), the initial requester does not seem subscribed there. I

see they are using something

(http://revisor.fedoraunity.org/screenshots/select-media.png/view), not

sure if they are happy with that or want a change.

Then, when you propose a solution to a ticket, *do not close it as

fixed*, it will be closed as it when the requester is happy with the result.

> PS. Both of them are in ".png" Format with Transparent Background, feel

> free to check them at:

Are the sources available?

Old 04-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Nicu Buculei

On 04/06/2010 05:30 PM, Manuel Escudero wrote:
> Ok, we need a better organization system in that Task queue... Anyway,

It seems we may get some students helping with organizing the queue.

> I think that they want a change, and more that a change a logo, the
> picture that you sent me is a Screenshot of Revisor,

Yes, but the screenshot contains something that look like a logo.

> I'll reopen the ticket and about why I didn't uploaded the images and
> their sources to the ticket is because they were too big to be attached,
> the system threw me a size error

I am not sure what the exact limits are but if they are too low we may
need to ask for them to be increased.

However, how the image was created, with which app? It was exported
directly from Inkscape? I opened one of the PNG files in GIMP, it was
364KB and just saved it again, without doing anything else, the file
size decreased to 197KB.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Máirín Duffy

Hi Manuel!

On Tue, 2010-04-06 at 09:30 -0500, Manuel Escudero wrote:

> is there another thing that I can do? I really want to get involved in
> the design team, thanks.

Can you give this ticket a try?

https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/60

What's your Fedora account username?

~m

Old 04-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Manuel Escudero

I've resolved the #60 Ticket of the task queue as Duffy asked for, feel free to see the ticket at:

https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/60

and here's the Artwork that I created for resolving the ticket:

Banner 1FE:*http://goo.gl/8WKf

Banner 2FE:*http://goo.gl/EWiL

Feel Free to watch them or download them, I also upload both banners in this mail, They're two banners in ".png" format with transparent background and the desired size (44"x22")*

Hope you guys like it, JM

Oh, and Duffy: My User Page in Fedora's Wiki is*http://tinyurl.com/Wlevick

See you!

Old 04-08-2010, 06:26 AM
Nicu Buculei

On 04/07/2010 11:14 PM, Manuel Escudero wrote:
> I've resolved the #60 Ticket of the task queue as Duffy asked for, feel
> free to see the ticket at:
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/60
>
> and here's the Artwork that I created for resolving the ticket:
>
> Banner 1FE: http://goo.gl/8WKf
> Banner 2FE: http://goo.gl/EWiL

For a ticket to be solved you *must* provide also the sources in an open
format, in this case SVG would be the best. Without the source code is
impossible for the rest of the team to work on your images and
modify/improve them if needed.

> Feel Free to watch them or download them, I also upload both banners in
> this mail, They're two banners in ".png" format with transparent
> background and the desired size (44"x22")

Please, *never ever* attach such huge files to a mailing list, not
everybody is on a fast connection and not everybody wants to fill his
Inbox with 6MB of content he may never use.

> Oh, and Duffy: My User Page in Fedora's Wiki is http://tinyurl.com/Wlevick

You know, https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Jmlevick is short enough
that is not needs shortening but is more readable.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Manuel Escudero

Thank's For the Advices... I've uploaded both banners in ".svg" Format as you said:

1:*http://goo.gl/6eT5

2:*http://goo.gl/KLfc

And also, I've attached them to the ticket.

About why did I attached them in a Mail is because I thought that "The Sources" Part was about giving the Original Artwork to the Designers, I tought that attaching them was the better idea, but thank's for the clearing...

By the way: is there any limitations, rules or quotas that I must Know about what I can attach to an E-mail? because as far as I understand, if someone does not want to Download a File, he/she Just Doesn't do that, without caring about the size of such file.

And about the TinyURL I like it that way because it's easier to remember for me, if I don't have the full URL at the hand.

Have a Nice Day

JM

Old 04-08-2010, 02:08 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 08:30:02AM -0500, Manuel Escudero wrote:
> Thank's For the Advices... I've uploaded both banners in ".svg" Format as
> you said:
> 1:*[1]http://goo.gl/6eT5
> 2:*[2]http://goo.gl/KLfc
> And also, I've attached them to the ticket.

Thanks for the files Manuel, but these aren't full sources. If you
did work in Inkscape to produce the PNG, you would supply those
original SVG files. If you did the work in Gimp, you would supply the
original XCF files, along with information on any of the photographic
sources or brushes you used.

These files appear to be a link embedded in an SVG file, so
unfortunately they're not useful to artists who want to collaborate
with you.

Can you remove these SVG attachments in the ticket, and provide the
true original material? Thanks!

> About why did I attached them in a Mail is because I thought that "The
> Sources" Part was about giving the Original Artwork to the Designers, I
> tought that attaching them was the better idea, but thank's for the
> clearing...
> By the way: is there any limitations, rules or quotas that I must Know
> about what I can attach to an E-mail? because as far as I understand, if
> someone does not want to Download a File, he/she Just Doesn't do that,
> without caring about the size of such file.

There are some general mailing list guidelines you can find on our
wiki here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

For instance:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines#No_attachments

Hope that's helpful.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Nicu Buculei

On 04/08/2010 05:08 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 08:30:02AM -0500, Manuel Escudero wrote:
>> Thank's For the Advices... I've uploaded both banners in ".svg" Format as
>> you said:
>> 1: [1]http://goo.gl/6eT5
>> 2: [2]http://goo.gl/KLfc
>> And also, I've attached them to the ticket.
>
> Thanks for the files Manuel, but these aren't full sources. If you
> did work in Inkscape to produce the PNG, you would supply those
> original SVG files. If you did the work in Gimp, you would supply the
> original XCF files, along with information on any of the photographic
> sources or brushes you used.

Ideally you would do all work in vector graphics, so it can be printed
at any size and exported a any resolution without quality loss.

For this you can base your work on the original SVG files provided by
Mairin here:
http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/Fedora%20Collateral/Posters/Four%20Foundations%20Cloverleaf%20Banners%20-%20Set%20of%202/SVG/
and do all the work in Inkscape (at the moment you imported them in a
raster editor like GIMP you lost the ability to scale).

> These files appear to be a link embedded in an SVG file, so
> unfortunately they're not useful to artists who want to collaborate
> with you.

It would not be of use even if you embed the complete PNG into the SVG
(anyone can to that having the PNG), is important to have the image
scalable and editable.