Old 04-09-2010, 06:31 AM
Manuel Escudero

Default My First completed Task!!

Ok, So I have to do the work using the ".svg" files instead of the ".png" ones, so my final work can be in a ".svg" format right? and I have to work in Inkscape by example... Right, I'll do all of that, and when both banners are finished, I'll replace the "wrong" atthachaments with the right ones...

Sorry for the mistakes, I'm new.

JM

2010/4/8 Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro>

On 04/08/2010 05:08 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 08:30:02AM -0500, Manuel Escudero wrote:

>> * * Thank's For the Advices... I've uploaded both banners in ".svg" Format as

>> * * you said:

>> * * 1: [1]http://goo.gl/6eT5

>> * * 2: [2]http://goo.gl/KLfc

>> * * And also, I've attached them to the ticket.

> Thanks for the files Manuel, but these aren't full sources. *If you

> did work in Inkscape to produce the PNG, you would supply those

> original SVG files. *If you did the work in Gimp, you would supply the

> original XCF files, along with information on any of the photographic

> sources or brushes you used.

Ideally you would do all work in vector graphics, so it can be printed

at any size and exported a any resolution without quality loss.

For this you can base your work on the original SVG files provided by

Mairin here:

http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/Fedora%20Collateral/Posters/Four%20Foundations%20Cloverleaf%20Banners%20-%20Set%20of%202/SVG/

and do all the work in Inkscape (at the moment you imported them in a

raster editor like GIMP you lost the ability to scale).

> These files appear to be a link embedded in an SVG file, so

> unfortunately they're not useful to artists who want to collaborate

> with you.

It would not be of use even if you embed the complete PNG into the SVG

(anyone can to that having the PNG), is important to have the image

scalable and editable.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Manuel Escudero

*Sorry for the delay with this ticket and all the mistakes, just please understand I'm new and by now I'm a little bit bussy because I'm working in a project but Here you are:

Ok, Now I think it's finally Done, I "remake" all the job using only GIMP and I'm providing here the original ".xcf" Sources:

Banner1FED:*http://goo.gl/qlGk

Banner2FED:*http://goo.gl/btDb

I based all my work in the original ".svg" files, (I can't attach my files to the ticket because they're too big for the system).

Ticket URL:*https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/60

P.S. Can someone tell me how to erase the old wong attachements of the ticket? Thanks!

Please tell me what else can I do for Fedora

JM

Old 04-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 04/09/2010 12:01 PM, Manuel Escudero wrote:
> Ok, So I have to do the work using the ".svg" files instead of the
".png" ones, so my final work can be in a ".svg" format right? and I
have to work in Inkscape by example... Right, I'll do all of that, and
when both banners are finished, I'll replace the "wrong" atthachaments
with the right ones...

> Sorry for the mistakes, I'm new.

Couple more things:

* Avoid HTML mail. Plain text is recommended
* Do not top post.

Rahul