Old 02-18-2009, 08:59 PM
1512purple

Default My Opinion on the Proposed F11 Pics

I think that the pictures given are too childish and stray too much from
what Fedora should be perceived as. In my opinion, the Fedora
pictures/splash-screen should be a collage of all the past Fedora
pictures/splash-screens to show its proud history and its long standing
place in the Linux world.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:20 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 04:59:47PM -0500, 1512purple wrote:
> I think that the pictures given are too childish and stray too much from
> what Fedora should be perceived as. In my opinion, the Fedora
> pictures/splash-screen should be a collage of all the past Fedora
> pictures/splash-screens to show its proud history and its long standing
> place in the Linux world.

Well, keep in mind the pictures shown are proofs of concept, not
finished art. Any "immaturity" you perceive is simply a result of the
artists wanting to get ideas out for study, as opposed to polished
backgrounds ready to go into the distribution as-is.

I think the collage idea is interesting, but probably visually
confusing in a distribution that's always had a very solid track
record of unified visual themes.