Old 02-18-2009, 02:34 PM
brian hurren

Default starry background

Just created a realistic starry background but i can't figure out how to upload it so everyone can see it. I've created an account.

Food for the party season - Easy recipes for Christmas entertaining on Yahoo!Xtra Lifestyle_________________________________________ ______
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com

Old 02-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Martin Sourada

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 07:34 -0800, brian hurren wrote:
> Just created a realistic starry background but i can't figure out how
> to upload it so everyone can see it. I've created an account.

Use

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Upload

and set something descriptive for file name, preferably with context
prefixes (e.g. Wallpaper_universe_stars_hurren.png) to avoid possible
conflicts with other images.

Or you can put it on you fedorapeople.org space [1], if you have one.

Martin

Old 02-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Nicu Buculei

Martin Sourada wrote:

Just created a realistic starry background but i can't figure out how
to upload it so everyone can see it. I've created an account.

Use
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Special:Upload

and set something descriptive for file name, preferably with context
prefixes (e.g. Wallpaper_universe_stars_hurren.png) to avoid possible
conflicts with other images.

Or you can put it on you fedorapeople.org space [1], if you have one.

Since he is not [yet] part of any group, I don't think he can use
fedorapeople, not sure about the wiki...

Old 02-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Ian Weller

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 06:21:03PM +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Since he is not [yet] part of any group, I don't think he can use
> fedorapeople, not sure about the wiki...

If you can log in, you can upload.

--
Ian Weller <ianweller@gmail.com> http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint: E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226 B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36

Old 02-20-2009, 10:11 PM
brian hurren

* I have just made up this mock up of a starry background, just want to know what you all thing. I was thinking of maybe doing a starry background as a strip stretching from dusk till dawn, for the background animation.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Milkyway.png

Get the world's best email - Yahoo!Xtra Mail______________________________________________ _

Old 02-23-2009, 07:09 AM
Nicu Buculei

brian hurren wrote:
I have just made up this mock up of a starry background, just want to
know what you all thing. I was thinking of maybe doing a starry
background as a strip stretching from dusk till dawn, for the background
animation.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Milkyway.png

I think I would like better an image were the stars are not that sharp
and which looks more "realistic", maybe something more like
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Centre_of_the_Milky_Way.jpg or
even better, see /usr/share/pixmaps/backgrounds/cosmos/cloud.jpg (which
is awesome).

Just out of curiosity, how you made this image?

Old 02-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Anuja KR

hi
its looking good, it might look better, if the background is dark navvy blue, rather than black. though black is a conventional color of night sky, but to gel with fedora color scheme its better to use blue shades.

anuja