Old 02-08-2009, 02:19 AM
Máirín Duffy

Default More Greek Wallpaper

Hi folks,

(sorry for starting a new thread, I lost my old email so I had to start fresh this week)

I just posted a new F11 wallpaper mockup: https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/0/0d/Artwork_F11_greek-concept_mockup2_mo.png

It's more really an attempt at a nice backdrop, and maybe we can layer some of the trees and buildings we were talking about on top. What do you think?

XCF: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Artwork_F11_greek-concept_mockup2_mo.xcf

Both linked to from: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F11_Artwork#Mock-ups

~m

Old 02-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Charlie Brej

Mirn Duffy wrote:

Hi folks,

(sorry for starting a new thread, I lost my old email so I had to start fresh this week)

I just posted a new F11 wallpaper mockup: https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/0/0d/Artwork_F11_greek-concept_mockup2_mo.png

On the plymouth front, I am likely to be a bit busier at work this release than
the F10 one, so I would really appreciate some of ideas as to what people would
like during the system boot. The possibilities are pretty much limitless but it
would be a good thing to conserve the CPU and keep the number and size of images
included in the initrd to a minimum. Take a look at some examples from last year
[1-3]. Moving images around like in [1] is trivial, while things like the solar
flares in [2] and [3] are a lot harder so I won't be able to create too many
mockups of these.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/e/e6/F10-invix-plymouth1.swf
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/3/34/F10-solar-plymouth1.swf
[3] http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~brejc8/temp/7.swf

Old 02-09-2009, 07:18 AM
Nicu Buculei

Charlie Brej wrote:

On the plymouth front, I am likely to be a bit busier at work this
release than the F10 one, so I would really appreciate some of ideas as
to what people would like during the system boot. The possibilities are
pretty much limitless but it would be a good thing to conserve the CPU
and keep the number and size of images included in the initrd to a
minimum. Take a look at some examples from last year [1-3]. Moving
images around like in [1] is trivial, while things like the solar flares
in [2] and [3] are a lot harder so I won't be able to create too many
mockups of these.

My option is for something clean and simple, not much moving beside a
progress bar.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Nicu Buculei

Mirn Duffy wrote:

I just posted a new F11 wallpaper mockup: https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/0/0d/Artwork_F11_greek-concept_mockup2_mo.png

It's more really an attempt at a nice backdrop, and maybe we can layer some of the trees and buildings we were talking about on top. What do you think?

Indeed, it is a nice backdrop but as a wallpaper is probably too simple,
we would need to add some elements. And maybe alter the colors a bit,
making the grass greener and the sky bluer.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Jaroslav Reznik

On Monday 09 February 2009 09:18:47 Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Charlie Brej wrote:
> > On the plymouth front, I am likely to be a bit busier at work this
> > release than the F10 one, so I would really appreciate some of ideas as
> > to what people would like during the system boot. The possibilities are
> > pretty much limitless but it would be a good thing to conserve the CPU
> > and keep the number and size of images included in the initrd to a
> > minimum. Take a look at some examples from last year [1-3]. Moving
> > images around like in [1] is trivial, while things like the solar flares
> > in [2] and [3] are a lot harder so I won't be able to create too many
> > mockups of these.

I hope we can share ideas again as for Solar

> My option is for something clean and simple, not much moving beside a
> progress bar.

+1

I like clean splash screens and another issue is - we can have same splash in
KDE too - we don't have so many possibilities to animate it as Plymouth has
and I'd like to see same splash during whole boot process - from Plymouth,
through KDM and KSplashX, first boot with final desktop background =>
consistency. I don't know if I will have so much time to do all branding I'd
like to for KDE (Plasma theme, HTML templates, etc.) but I'd like to try.

And proposed background is warm and fresh for spring release as Solar was cold
for winter :-)

Jaroslav

Old 02-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Jaroslav Reznik

On Monday 09 February 2009 09:28:43 Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Mirn Duffy wrote:
> > I just posted a new F11 wallpaper mockup:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/0/0d/Artwork_F11_greek-concept_mockup
> >2_mo.png
> >
> > It's more really an attempt at a nice backdrop, and maybe we can layer
> > some of the trees and buildings we were talking about on top. What do you
> > think?
>
> Indeed, it is a nice backdrop but as a wallpaper is probably too simple,
> we would need to add some elements. And maybe alter the colors a bit,
> making the grass greener and the sky bluer.

Agree - it should be more HDR like.

Jaroslav