Old 02-04-2009, 05:50 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

Default Context Free Art - Programmatic Art Generator in Fedora

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 08:19:05AM -0800, MáirÃ*n Duffy wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> My friend James Bowes pointed this nifty FOSS tool out to me, and it's even already in Fedora:
>
> http://www.contextfreeart.org/index.html
>
> He designed this with it :
>
> http://jbowes.fedorapeople.org/squid.png
>
> There are also some really beautiful examples of work made with it on the main site, for example:
>
> http://www.contextfreeart.org/gallery/view.php?id=35
>
> To try it out in Fedora you can install the cfdg and cfdg-fe packages. Have fun!

Did this package help you generate the light gray backdrops for the 4
Foundations posters? Just curious...

http://www.contextfreeart.org/gallery/view.php?id=1338

Old 02-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Máirín Duffy

> From: Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com>

> Did this package help you generate the light gray backdrops for the 4
> Foundations posters? Just curious...
>
> http://www.contextfreeart.org/gallery/view.php?id=1338

Nope! I wish I knew about it then! I used the Inkscape tile clones tool, which is kind of programmatic itself but can be slow at the size I was doing. To have a script to tweak and regenerate would have been awesome!

~m

Old 02-04-2009, 07:03 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 10:57:02AM -0800, MáirÃ*n Duffy wrote:
> > From: Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com>
>
> > Did this package help you generate the light gray backdrops for the 4
> > Foundations posters? Just curious...
> >
> > http://www.contextfreeart.org/gallery/view.php?id=1338
>
> Nope! I wish I knew about it then! I used the Inkscape tile clones
> tool, which is kind of programmatic itself but can be slow at the
> size I was doing. To have a script to tweak and regenerate would
> have been awesome!

Heh, OK. That wasn't meant to rub your nose in it, I just wanted to
know if our awesome posters also functioned as a proof of concept. No
matter, all's well that ends well. :-)