FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Design Team

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-28-2009, 04:36 AM
Máirí­n Duffy
 
Default F11 visual concept idea - greek

Hi folks,

This is a really really sloppy mockup but hopefully illustrates the kind
of visuals I'm thinking of for F11:


https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/8/83/Artwork_F11_greek-concept_mockup1_mo.png

I'm thinking maybe somewhere more mountainous with some mists, and with
some vines/plants growing up the columns with some sunbeams on them.
What do you think?


Source materials are referenced on the main F11 Artwork page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F11#Mock-ups

~m

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 01-28-2009, 04:47 AM
Klaatu
 
Default F11 visual concept idea - greek

looks incredible IMHO.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Máirí*n Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> This is a really really sloppy mockup but hopefully illustrates the kind of
> visuals I'm thinking of for F11:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/8/83/Artwork_F11_greek-concept_mockup1_mo.png
>
> I'm thinking maybe somewhere more mountainous with some mists, and with some
> vines/plants growing up the columns with some sunbeams on them. What do you
> think?
>
> Source materials are referenced on the main F11 Artwork page:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F11#Mock-ups
>
> ~m
>
> _______________________________________________
> Fedora-art-list mailing list
> Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
> http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
>



--
---
uzu linukso. subtenu libera programaro.
kotizu al http://www.thebadapples.info/ogg.xml
http://www.fedorareloaded.com

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 01-28-2009, 06:53 AM
Nicu Buculei
 
Default F11 visual concept idea - greek

Máirí*n Duffy wrote:


This is a really really sloppy mockup but hopefully illustrates the kind
of visuals I'm thinking of for F11:


https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/8/83/Artwork_F11_greek-concept_mockup1_mo.png



I'm thinking maybe somewhere more mountainous with some mists, and with
some vines/plants growing up the columns with some sunbeams on them.
What do you think?


And maybe some green, the first impression looking at the mockup was
that the pasture is sand and all he pictures is a wasteland with ruins.


But having some misty mountains (the Olympus) should be awesome.

--
nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/
photography: http://photoblog.nicubunu.ro/
my Fedora stuff: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 01-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Luya Tshimbalanga
 
Default F11 visual concept idea - greek

Quoting MáirĂ*Â*n Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org>:

> Hi folks,
>
> This is a really really sloppy mockup but hopefully illustrates the kind
> of visuals I'm thinking of for F11:
>
>
https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/8/83/Artwork_F11_greek-concept_mockup1_mo.png

I think of desolation when I see that image with a ruins from old Greek temple
(tend to get bored so easily) and a very dry land. That picture would mean
Fedora after collapse. Greece is famous with its olive field so the land needs
to be green. I see mountain that look like Olympia and the sky appears to be a
god/goddess land. That image needs to be live, not dead. Let see what the next
iteration will bring.

Luya

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 01-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Martin Sourada
 
Default F11 visual concept idea - greek

On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 05:29 -0500, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Quoting MáirĂ*Â*n Duffy <duffy@fedoraproject.org>:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > This is a really really sloppy mockup but hopefully illustrates the kind
> > of visuals I'm thinking of for F11:
> >
> >
> https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/8/83/Artwork_F11_greek-concept_mockup1_mo.png
>
> I think of desolation when I see that image with a ruins from old Greek temple
> (tend to get bored so easily) and a very dry land. That picture would mean
> Fedora after collapse. Greece is famous with its olive field so the land needs
> to be green. I see mountain that look like Olympia and the sky appears to be a
> god/goddess land. That image needs to be live, not dead. Let see what the next
> iteration will bring.

Yep, I like the concept as a whole, but I'd perhaps use some ancient
temple/building that is *not* in ruins, Also having the ground covered
in green (or more colours, if it were to evoke spring) would definitely
make the image better/livelier.

Martin
_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 01-28-2009, 11:16 AM
Konstantinos Antonakoglou
 
Default F11 visual concept idea - greek

Well, based on what I've read so far, I gave it a try and produced this:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Artwork_F11-thermopylae-greek-mockup.jpg

Maybe too detailed, but I just want to point out the main concept, which
is the combination of ancient Greece and nature (water, mountains with a
lot of green).

Sorry if I messed the gallery table a bit :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F11_Artwork#Mock-ups

--
Konstantinos Antonakoglou
PGP key: 0xC9E2E16B
<anton.cost@gmail.com>
constanton @ Freenode
_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 01-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Máirí­n Duffy
 
Default F11 visual concept idea - greek

Konstantinos Antonakoglou wrote:

Well, based on what I've read so far, I gave it a try and produced this:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Artwork_F11-thermopylae-greek-mockup.jpg


Maybe too detailed, but I just want to point out the main concept, which
is the combination of ancient Greece and nature (water, mountains with a
lot of green).


Hey thanks Konstantinos (and everyone else)! I'll try to make the image
more alive and green like your mockup!


~m

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 01-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Bill Nottingham
 
Default F11 visual concept idea - greek

Máirí*n Duffy (duffy@fedoraproject.org) said:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Artwork_F11-thermopylae-greek-mockup.jpg
>>
>>
>> Maybe too detailed, but I just want to point out the main concept, which
>> is the combination of ancient Greece and nature (water, mountains with a
>> lot of green).
>
> Hey thanks Konstantinos (and everyone else)! I'll try to make the image
> more alive and green like your mockup!

I like the idea. A question - is it possible/should we look for a full
photo (appropriately licensed) that can be used?

(For example, http://flickr.com/photos/11909156@N00/2184295492/ doesn't
have the right license, but it's the right sort of idea.)

Bill

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 01-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Bill Nottingham
 
Default F11 visual concept idea - greek

Bill Nottingham (notting@redhat.com) said:
> I like the idea. A question - is it possible/should we look for a full
> photo (appropriately licensed) that can be used?

Wow, searching by license pulls a lot fewer than I'd hope. But still
there are some that may be useful:

http://flickr.com/photos/wolfgangstaudt/1128495207/
http://flickr.com/photos/byrdiegyrl/2921157353/
http://flickr.com/photos/condour/25436733/
http://flickr.com/photos/cwinters/23051637/

Bill

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 
Old 01-28-2009, 05:03 PM
Máirí­n Duffy
 
Default F11 visual concept idea - greek

Bill Nottingham wrote:
Máirí*n Duffy (duffy@fedoraproject.org) said:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Artwork_F11-thermopylae-greek-mockup.jpg



Maybe too detailed, but I just want to point out the main concept, which
is the combination of ancient Greece and nature (water, mountains with a
lot of green).
Hey thanks Konstantinos (and everyone else)! I'll try to make the image
more alive and green like your mockup!


I like the idea. A question - is it possible/should we look for a full
photo (appropriately licensed) that can be used?


Certainly possible It might be hard to find one with all the elements
we want though, which is why I think photomanip will be a good route.


~m

_______________________________________________
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com
http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-art-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:27 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org