Old 01-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Sebastian Dziallas

Default Updated EDU SIG Artwork Request

Hi there,

I've recently updated the Education SIG's request here [1], since we
were discussing it in our last meeting.

Since we've been shifting the target group of our spin around, we're now
targeting students with an age of > 12 (as well as teachers, etc.). I
was thinking of probably having a wallpaper, which wouldn't be too
childish, but maybe have an reference to science or the world itself.

Concerning the wiki banner: Maria, can we use the one you created?

--Sebastian

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService#Fedora_Education

Old 01-18-2009, 12:11 AM
"María Leandro"

I've recently updated the Education SIG's request here [1], since we were discussing it in our last meeting.

Since we've been shifting the target group of our spin around, we're now targeting students with an age of > 12 (as well as teachers, etc.). I was thinking of probably having a wallpaper, which wouldn't be too childish, but maybe have an reference to science or the world itself.

Concerning the wiki banner: Maria, can we use the one you created?

--Sebastian

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService#Fedora_Education

Sure!

I'll be back of vacations this monday; (so I'll be able to do more draws )

--
tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro

http://www.iseit.net
http://www.latinux.org
http://www.latinux.com
http://www.fedora-ve.org

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MariaLeandro
LinuxUser= 440285
GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56
"Be yourself... Don't be anyone else"

Old 01-21-2009, 06:43 PM
María Leandro

Hello again.

This afternoon I had some ideas for the Artwork, and this two thing came up... only a sketch.

http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper2.jpg

http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper3.jpg

Old 01-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Sebastian Dziallas

María Leandro wrote:

Hello again.

This afternoon I had some ideas for the Artwork, and this two thing came
up... only a sketch.

http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper2.jpg
http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper3.jpg

Hi and thanks for all your work!

I do really like the second one (wallpaper3)...

--Sebastian

2009/1/18 María Leandro <tatica@fedoraproject.org
<mailto:tatica@fedoraproject.org>>

2009/1/18 Sebastian Dziallas <sebastian@when.com
<mailto:sebastian@when.com>>

Hi there,

I've recently updated the Education SIG's request here [1],
since we were discussing it in our last meeting.

Since we've been shifting the target group of our spin around,
we're now targeting students with an age of > 12 (as well as
teachers, etc.). I was thinking of probably having a wallpaper,
which wouldn't be too childish, but maybe have an reference to
science or the world itself.

Concerning the wiki banner: Maria, can we use the one you created?

--Sebastian

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService#Fedora_Education

Sure!

I'll be back of vacations this monday; (so I'll be able to do more
draws )

[...] snip!

Old 01-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Máirí­n Duffy

Sebastian Dziallas wrote:

María Leandro wrote:

Hello again.

This afternoon I had some ideas for the Artwork, and this two thing
came up... only a sketch.

http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper2.jpg
http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper3.jpg

Hi and thanks for all your work!

I do really like the second one (wallpaper3)...

Me too, my favorite is wallpaper 3.

A couple quick comments:

- I would take the outline that is around the infinity symbol in the
Fedora logo out. You want to make sure you are using the logo according
to the usage guidelines [1] which prohibit this kind of treatment.

- Instead of using a specialized font for the "EDU", I would maybe just
write out "Education" in MgOpen Modata. It would fit in nicely with our
secondary branding scheme then.

I love the bright colors and I also like how the focus of the graphics
is on the lower right, although maybe this graphic is too busy for a
wallpaper. I think it would be really nice for splashes and other
branding materials though, and maybe you could pull out the pencils/sun
and just have a slightly desaturated version of the sky+clouds for the
wallpaper?

~m

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines

Old 01-22-2009, 06:00 AM
Nicu Buculei

Máirí*n Duffy wrote:

María Leandro wrote:

http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper2.jpg
http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper3.jpg

Me too, my favorite is wallpaper 3.

Me too It is much stronger than the other

A couple quick comments:

- I would take the outline that is around the infinity symbol in the
Fedora logo out. You want to make sure you are using the logo according
to the usage guidelines [1] which prohibit this kind of treatment.

I saw that coming...

- Instead of using a specialized font for the "EDU", I would maybe just
write out "Education" in MgOpen Modata. It would fit in nicely with our
secondary branding scheme then.

I love the bright colors and I also like how the focus of the graphics
is on the lower right, although maybe this graphic is too busy for a
wallpaper. I think it would be really nice for splashes and other
branding materials though, and maybe you could pull out the pencils/sun
and just have a slightly desaturated version of the sky+clouds for the
wallpaper?

And pay more attention to the light source and direction. Your primary
light source is the sun, so it think:

- pencil shadows on the ground should be directed to the down-left;
- the pencil shadows on the other pencils should go the opposite way;
- the light rays should originate from the sun, not from the ground.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:28 PM
María Leandro

Updated.

http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper3a.png
http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper3b.png

http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper3c.png

Old 01-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Nicu Buculei

María Leandro wrote:

Updated.

http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper3a.png
http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper3b.png
http://tatica.fedorapeople.org/EduSig/thumb_wallpaper3c.png

I think there is still some room for improvement, hope you don't mind (I
got a few colleagues upset with my direct criticism at a photography
course I am taking these days):
- the rays of light are under the main circle of the sun but above its
rays, I think they should be under both;
- the yellow pencil has a shadow falling on the blue pencil and the blue
pencil has a shadow falling over the magenta one but those shadows wall
in a direction opposing the direction of the light.

Other than that, my preference is for one of the first two images,
having the pencils as a metaphor for "education" (the enlightenment from
the light rays is also a good metaphor, but not so "in your face").

Old 01-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Sebastian Dziallas

Nicu Buculei wrote:

María Leandro wrote:

[...]

Yeah, I agree! I really like the first and the second one, though I'm
still not sure, which one more - I like both. Thanks again!

--Sebastian