Old 01-15-2009, 10:46 PM
John Poelstra

Default F11 Schedule

Hi Everyone,

As Mairin mentioned on the list, several us met at FUDCon to fine tune
the release schedules for each of the teams. Our ultimate goals is to
make the release process smoother and better coordinated so that the
hard work everyone does is recognized and included in the release on time.

My first draft of the art schedule is here:
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-11/f-11-art-tasks.html

Here are a few questions I had while working through the schedule:

1) Shouldn't there be a milestone for choosing the final icon theme and
"look & feel" for the release like preferably at Beta or Feature so
there is time to tune and clean up for GA?

2) Is it a correct assumption that the splash screens are completed
after the wallpaper and most likely based on the wallpaper?

3) On Sunday we discussed the banners that need to be created for GA. I
caputred them in the following way, but need more clarification:

We said there are three banners for GA:
a) large banner
b) "the release is out, go get it"
c) release name on start.fedoraproject.org

Q: where are the banners for #a and #b displayed once finished?

We also said that all of the banners need to be translated.
Q: does this apply to only #a and #b or does #c apply too?

Thanks for your help,
John

Old 01-16-2009, 12:23 AM
Máirí­n Duffy

John Poelstra wrote:

Hi Everyone,

As Mairin mentioned on the list, several us met at FUDCon to fine tune
the release schedules for each of the teams. Our ultimate goals is to
make the release process smoother and better coordinated so that the
hard work everyone does is recognized and included in the release on time.

My first draft of the art schedule is here:
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-11/f-11-art-tasks.html

Here are a few questions I had while working through the schedule:

1) Shouldn't there be a milestone for choosing the final icon theme and
"look & feel" for the release like preferably at Beta or Feature so
there is time to tune and clean up for GA?

If Echo is again proposed as a feature as it was for F10 then I would
say that should operate under the guidelines for proposing features and
follow those deadlines.

2) Is it a correct assumption that the splash screens are completed
after the wallpaper and most likely based on the wallpaper?

Yep.

3) On Sunday we discussed the banners that need to be created for GA. I
caputred them in the following way, but need more clarification:

We said there are three banners for GA:
a) large banner
b) "the release is out, go get it"
c) release name on start.fedoraproject.org

Q: where are the banners for #a and #b displayed once finished?

a & b are displayed on the front page of fedoraproject.org

We also said that all of the banners need to be translated.
Q: does this apply to only #a and #b or does #c apply too?

It depends on the particular design. At a minimum, #a will have a
tagline that goes with it that needs translation. (eg right now we have
"Fedora 10 - Fire it up"

~m

Old 01-16-2009, 03:54 AM
Karsten Wade

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 08:23:51PM -0500, Máirí*n Duffy wrote:
> John Poelstra wrote:

>> We also said that all of the banners need to be translated.
>> Q: does this apply to only #a and #b or does #c apply too?
>
> It depends on the particular design. At a minimum, #a will have a
> tagline that goes with it that needs translation. (eg right now we have
> "Fedora 10 - Fire it up"

That is one item I've been wondering about, and we should note the
dependency on the design.art schedule. Where do those taglines and
other similar bits come from? If it's another group, we need to
ensure it is on their schedule, as well as note when it arrives from
that group.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41

Old 01-16-2009, 01:48 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 08:54:31PM -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 08:23:51PM -0500, Máirí*n Duffy wrote:
> > John Poelstra wrote:
>
> >> We also said that all of the banners need to be translated.
> >> Q: does this apply to only #a and #b or does #c apply too?
> >
> > It depends on the particular design. At a minimum, #a will have a
> > tagline that goes with it that needs translation. (eg right now we have
> > "Fedora 10 - Fire it up"
>
> That is one item I've been wondering about, and we should note the
> dependency on the design.art schedule. Where do those taglines and
> other similar bits come from? If it's another group, we need to
> ensure it is on their schedule, as well as note when it arrives from
> that group.

I believe that work has been done on the fedora-marketing-list.