Old 01-05-2009, 04:04 PM
brian hurren

Default fedora 11 splash screen proposal

I think that for fedora 11 we should do a splash screen calibrating the* 40th anniversary of landing on the moon. I propose a montage of* Commander Neil Alden Armstrong, Command Module Pilot Michael Collins and Lunar Module Pilot Edwin Eugene 'Buzz' Aldrin, Jr. and in the back ground a large crescent moon. this would mostly fill the bottom right corner of the screen with the moon on the right side. It would all be in shades of blue. It would be at counterpoint to the sun image we have in fedora ten and would fit in with '2009 international year of astronomy'

Get the world's best email - Yahoo!Xtra Mail______________________________________________ _
Fedora-art-list mailing list
Fedora-art-list@redhat.com

Old 01-06-2009, 06:28 AM
Nicu Buculei

brian hurren wrote:
I think that for fedora 11 we should do a splash screen calibrating the
40th anniversary of landing on the moon. I propose a montage of
Commander Neil Alden Armstrong, Command Module Pilot
Michael Collins and Lunar Module Pilot Edwin Eugene 'Buzz' Aldrin, Jr.
and in the back ground a large crescent moon. this would mostly fill

the bottom right corner of the screen with the moon on the right side.
It would all be in shades of blue. It would be at counterpoint to the sun
image we have in fedora ten and would fit in with '2009 international
year of astronomy'

Do you think we have the *legal* allowance to use the photos of those
people? Without a model release form signed by them? Supposedly the
photos may be taken by NASA and released as Public Domain, so not worry
about copyright, but there are additional rules beyond copyright.