Old 10-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Charlie Brej

Default Solar_3200x1200_* partly transparent column of pixels

Minor imperfection:
In the 3200x1200 dual screen images there is a column at X=1151 which has a
slight transparency. It is in fact very difficult to see it in gimp but it does
become visible on desktop backgrounds with a contrasting solid colour behind.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:01 PM
Charlie Brej

Another little thing:
For a technical reason[1] the last image, in the array of sizes in the
background transition xml, is the one chosen for the thumbnail. In solar, this
currently is the dual screen which very few people have and in most single
screen setups the thumbnail looks quite distended. Would it be possible to
reorder the size elements in the xml so either the 4:3 or maybe the 16:10
appears last and will be chosen for the thumbnail?

[1] gnome-bg uses prepend reather than append in list functions presumebly for
performance reasons

Old 10-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Máirín Duffy

Hey Charlie,

Charlie Brej wrote:
> Minor imperfection:
> In the 3200x1200 dual screen images there is a column at X=1151 which
> has a slight transparency. It is in fact very difficult to see it in
> gimp but it does become visible on desktop backgrounds with a
> contrasting solid colour behind.

Good eye! I was redoing the wallpapers anyway so thanks for
the email - I was able to fix this in the latest version of
the wallpapers. Martin should be packaging it up soon. (I
think we missed the deadline but we'll get it in.)

~m