Old 10-24-2008, 04:06 AM
"Kushal Das"

Default Fedora Button artwork

Hi all,

We need couple of artwork ready for the Fedora Buttons at FOSS.IN .
Any links to the existing works or some new ideas will help
Kushal

--
http://fedoraproject.org
http://kushaldas.in

Old 10-24-2008, 04:13 AM
Mirn Duffy

Hey Kushal,

Kushal Das wrote:

We need couple of artwork ready for the Fedora Buttons at FOSS.IN .
Any links to the existing works or some new ideas will help

John Rose had a bunch of these printed up for the recent Ohio Linux Fest
and they came out well. There's printer-ready artwork here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MarketingCollateral#Fedora_Buttons

One idea could also be to do a pin for each of the four Fedora f's... we
don't have designs for that yet though.

~m

Old 10-24-2008, 08:15 AM
Nicu Buculei

Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ) wrote:

Máir*n Duffy wrote:

John Rose had a bunch of these printed up for the recent Ohio Linux Fest
and they came out well. There's printer-ready artwork here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MarketingCollateral#Fedora_Buttons

Ooo nice. Can I request a design that has the 4 f's written on the top
curve of the button ?

I think Scribus hates me, It refuses to open Mo's "plain" template, so I
can provide only a SVG version:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Fedora-button_4f.svg

PNG preview: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Fedora-button_4f.png

One idea could also be to do a pin for each of the four Fedora f's... we
don't have designs for that yet though.

That would be awesome to have though. Yes, surely very nice to have.

Maybe using the iconography/graphic style/colors form the posters,
otherwise I think it would be boring to wear 4 blue buttons, very
similar with each other, only with a different word on them.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:06 PM
"Clint Savage"

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 2:15 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ) wrote:
>>
>> Máir*n Duffy wrote:
>>
>>> John Rose had a bunch of these printed up for the recent Ohio Linux Fest
>>> and they came out well. There's printer-ready artwork here:
>>>
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MarketingCollateral#Fedora_Buttons
>>
>> Ooo nice. Can I request a design that has the 4 f's written on the top
>> curve of the button ?
>
> I think Scribus hates me, It refuses to open Mo's "plain" template, so I can
> provide only a SVG version:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Fedora-button_4f.svg
> PNG preview: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Fedora-button_4f.png
>
>>> One idea could also be to do a pin for each of the four Fedora f's... we
>>> don't have designs for that yet though.
>>
>> That would be awesome to have though. Yes, surely very nice to have.
>
> Maybe using the iconography/graphic style/colors form the posters, otherwise
> I think it would be boring to wear 4 blue buttons, very similar with each
> other, only with a different word on them.
>
> --
> nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com
> Cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
> Open Clip Art Library: http://www.openclipart.org
> my Fedora stuff: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro

Not to step on anyone's toes, but less than a month ago, I submitted
some buttons that already accomplish this task.

I've included the link to the reviews.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-October/msg00000.html

Funny thing, I had completed the rotation Mo asked for, but never got
around to uploading them, until now, so for your consideration:

http://herlo.fedorapeople.org/files/fedora_four_fs_shift.png
http://herlo.fedorapeople.org/files/fedora_four_fs_shift.svg

Made from the previously created works.

Cheers,

Clint

Old 10-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Nicu Buculei

Clint Savage wrote:

Not to step on anyone's toes, but less than a month ago, I submitted
some buttons that already accomplish this task.

I've included the link to the reviews.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-October/msg00000.html

Yeah, but our memory is volatile, we are mere humans forget about a lot
of things
Every time to create something like this take care and upload it to the
appropriate wiki page, so people find it and don't have to do the work
again.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Máirín Duffy

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ) wrote:
>> Máir*n Duffy wrote:
>>
>>> John Rose had a bunch of these printed up for the recent Ohio Linux Fest
>>> and they came out well. There's printer-ready artwork here:
>>>
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MarketingCollateral#Fedora_Buttons
>>
>> Ooo nice. Can I request a design that has the 4 f's written on the top
>> curve of the button ?
>
> I think Scribus hates me, It refuses to open Mo's "plain" template, so I
> can provide only a SVG version:

Are you using the Fedora version of Scribus? I'm using
mrdocs' which is slightly newer from SVN, maybe that is why?

(If not, I wonder why it doesn't open for you )

~m

Old 10-24-2008, 01:24 PM
Nicu Buculei

Mirn Duffy wrote:

Are you using the Fedora version of Scribus? I'm using
mrdocs' which is slightly newer from SVN, maybe that is why?

Yeah, that must be... and not when you say it, I remember you said it
also back when created the design.

(If not, I wonder why it doesn't open for you )

Old 10-24-2008, 01:35 PM
"Clint Savage"

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 7:12 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> Clint Savage wrote:
>>
>> Not to step on anyone's toes, but less than a month ago, I submitted
>> some buttons that already accomplish this task.
>>
>> I've included the link to the reviews.
>>
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-October/msg00000.html
>
> Yeah, but our memory is volatile, we are mere humans forget about a lot of
> things
> Every time to create something like this take care and upload it to the
> appropriate wiki page, so people find it and don't have to do the work
> again.

No argument and I didn't mean to offend, so if I have, I apologize.
However, I would upload it to the wiki except that I was told I must
go through an approval process for my first bit of artwork. I wasn't
told whether it was approved or not, so I didn't upload and also why
it's not there yet.

Cheers,

Clint

Old 10-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Nicu Buculei

Clint Savage wrote:

No argument and I didn't mean to offend, so if I have, I apologize.
However, I would upload it to the wiki except that I was told I must
go through an approval process for my first bit of artwork. I wasn't
told whether it was approved or not, so I didn't upload and also why
it's not there yet.

Sorry, I do not remember the context, but now you *are* member of the
Art group (probably you already received the mails from FAS).

Old 10-24-2008, 02:06 PM
"Clint Savage"

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 7:47 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> Clint Savage wrote:
>>
>> No argument and I didn't mean to offend, so if I have, I apologize.
>> However, I would upload it to the wiki except that I was told I must
>> go through an approval process for my first bit of artwork. I wasn't
>> told whether it was approved or not, so I didn't upload and also why
>> it's not there yet.
>
> Sorry, I do not remember the context, but now you *are* member of the Art
> group (probably you already received the mails from FAS).

Nicu,

Yes, I see it, thank you.

Now I can contribute more. I'll happily put the buttons up on the
wiki sometime today.

Cheers,

Clint