-   -   New design for Get-fedora section (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/179205-new-design-get-fedora-section.html)

Mairin Duffy 10-19-2008 11:49 PM

New design for Get-fedora section

Juan Camilo Prada Ojeda wrote:

Im open to any feedback you can provide

[1] - http://jprada.fedorapeople.org/out/en/get-fedora
[2] - http://publictest15.fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora

This doesn' t look like:

http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/webdesign/get-fedora/

~m

Juan Camilo Prada 10-20-2008 12:38 AM

New design for Get-fedora section

On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 19:49 -0400, Mairin Duffy wrote:
> Juan Camilo Prada Ojeda wrote:
> > Im open to any feedback you can provide
> >
> > [1] - http://jprada.fedorapeople.org/out/en/get-fedora
> > [2] - http://publictest15.fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora
>
> This doesn' t look like:
>
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/webdesign/get-fedora/
>
> ~m

Not sure what you mean by that, but taking a look at what you have
there, i would say that the first section where the Desktop live media
is promoted as the only option to download, might be good to use it in
the home page, as we discussed some time ago (if in previous meetings
you all changed your mind and decided that this was the way to go then
please ignore this comment).

Now, the information on how to upgrade fedora seems very useful but im
not sure if it should be there or in any other sub-page linked from the
get-fedora section, that might be something to discuss (again if this
was discussed before ignore this).

The other download options is pretty much the same i have on the third
column although yours looks more polished. I'm gonna try an change the
style on the third column to make it look more like what you have there
and see how it looks-

--
Juan Camilo Prada <jprada@fedoraproject.org>

Mairin Duffy 10-20-2008 12:46 AM

Juan Camilo Prada wrote:

Not sure what you mean by that, but taking a look at what you have
there, i would say that the first section where the Desktop live media
is promoted as the only option to download, might be good to use it in
the home page, as we discussed some time ago (if in previous meetings
you all changed your mind and decided that this was the way to go then
please ignore this comment).

Maybe I don't recall the last of the many, many discussions we've had on
this page but I kind of thought there had been some consensus on the
design link I posted... which was done based on feedback on this list
about the first few designs.

As I believe was mentioned the last time this page was discussed, we
really need to avoid a field of buttons and widgets all over the page.
This does not make getting Fedora simple. In fact, I believe we had
discussed the first page being simple, and there being a more advanced
page that maybe could look like the mockup you've done? (Am I going senile?)

Now, the information on how to upgrade fedora seems very useful but im
not sure if it should be there or in any other sub-page linked from the
get-fedora section, that might be something to discuss (again if this
was discussed before ignore this).

I think maybe you might want to check the list archives to see the
discussion because I think you may have missed it.

The other download options is pretty much the same i have on the third
column although yours looks more polished. I'm gonna try an change the
style on the third column to make it look more like what you have there
and see how it looks-

Can you implement the page as it is in the mockup?

~m