Old 10-11-2008, 12:25 PM
"Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)"

Default Solar poster not complete

Hi,

I'm currently organizing our release event in Paris, and I wanted to
translate the Solar poster for it.

I downloaded it from this page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/Solar#Fedora_10_.28X.29_Release_Poster

However, it seems like the background image is missing. brejc81 on
#fedora-art told me to write here and ask for Sstorari to upload the
file "Solar_sfondo_poster.png".

Could you do that ?

Thanks in advance,

----------

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador

Old 10-13-2008, 07:52 AM
Nicu Buculei

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:

I'm currently organizing our release event in Paris, and I wanted to
translate the Solar poster for it.

I downloaded it from this page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/Solar#Fedora_10_.28X.29_Release_Poster

However, it seems like the background image is missing. brejc81 on
#fedora-art told me to write here and ask for Sstorari to upload the
file "Solar_sfondo_poster.png".

Or to re-upload the SVG with the background PNG embedded (Inkscape can
do that).

Old 10-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Samuele Storari

I create a tar.gz with the backround file. It's ok?
I've modified a little bit the poster and I'd done it for the italian release party, I would upload it in a while on the wiki.

Samuele

> I'm currently organizing our release event in Paris, and I wanted to
> translate the Solar poster for it.
>
> I downloaded it from this page:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/Solar#Fedora_10_.28X.29_Release_Poster
>
> However, it seems like the background image is missing. brejc81 on
> #fedora-art told me to write here and ask for Sstorari to upload the
> file "Solar_sfondo_poster.png".

Or to re-upload the SVG with the background PNG embedded (Inkscape can
do that).

Samuele Storari
Art Director
Byte-Code srl
mobile: +39 347 50 798 32
office: +39 02 9840047
http://www.byte-code.com

Old 10-13-2008, 08:11 AM
Nicu Buculei

Samuele Storari wrote:

I create a tar.gz with the backround file. It's ok?

It should be OK (not that simple as embedding, but simple enough).

Just a question: do you gain that much from compressing the PNG? (note:
embedding in SVG would increase the size a lot, as the embedded file is
base64 encoded and *then* a compression, be it just .svgz, is really useful)

Old 10-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Samuele Storari

Hi all

The poster is now online.

You can find the tar.gz with the source and the png 150 dpi file on the Wiki.

This version is a light graphic version, 'cause I decided to not push over the "special effect" but I tried to push more the Solar Background.

Cheers

Samuele