-   -   Solar poster not complete (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/175339-solar-poster-not-complete.html)

"Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)" 10-11-2008 12:25 PM

Solar poster not complete

Hi,

I'm currently organizing our release event in Paris, and I wanted to
translate the Solar poster for it.

I downloaded it from this page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/Solar#Fedora_10_.28X.29_Release_Poster

However, it seems like the background image is missing. brejc81 on
#fedora-art told me to write here and ask for Sstorari to upload the
file "Solar_sfondo_poster.png".

Could you do that ?

Thanks in advance,

----------

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)
French Fedora Ambassador

Nicu Buculei 10-13-2008 07:52 AM

Solar poster not complete

Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:

I'm currently organizing our release event in Paris, and I wanted to
translate the Solar poster for it.

I downloaded it from this page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/Solar#Fedora_10_.28X.29_Release_Poster

However, it seems like the background image is missing. brejc81 on
#fedora-art told me to write here and ask for Sstorari to upload the
file "Solar_sfondo_poster.png".

Or to re-upload the SVG with the background PNG embedded (Inkscape can
do that).

Samuele Storari 10-13-2008 07:58 AM

Solar poster not complete

I create a tar.gz with the backround file. It's ok?
I've modified a little bit the poster and I'd done it for the italian release party, I would upload it in a while on the wiki.

Samuele

> I'm currently organizing our release event in Paris, and I wanted to
> translate the Solar poster for it.
>
> I downloaded it from this page:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/Solar#Fedora_10_.28X.29_Release_Poster
>
> However, it seems like the background image is missing. brejc81 on
> #fedora-art told me to write here and ask for Sstorari to upload the
> file "Solar_sfondo_poster.png".

Or to re-upload the SVG with the background PNG embedded (Inkscape can
do that).

Samuele Storari
Art Director
Byte-Code srl
mobile: +39 347 50 798 32
office: +39 02 9840047
http://www.byte-code.com

Nicu Buculei 10-13-2008 08:11 AM

Solar poster not complete

Samuele Storari wrote:

I create a tar.gz with the backround file. It's ok?

It should be OK (not that simple as embedding, but simple enough).

Just a question: do you gain that much from compressing the PNG? (note:
embedding in SVG would increase the size a lot, as the embedded file is
base64 encoded and *then* a compression, be it just .svgz, is really useful)

Samuele Storari 10-13-2008 09:50 AM

Solar poster not complete

Hi all

The poster is now online.

You can find the tar.gz with the source and the png 150 dpi file on the Wiki.

This version is a light graphic version, 'cause I decided to not push over the "special effect" but I tried to push more the Solar Background.

Cheers

Samuele