-   -   Second draft of candidates for F10 solar CD/DVD sleeves (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/171871-second-draft-candidates-f10-solar-cd-dvd-sleeves.html)

Jarod Wen 10-06-2008 10:53 PM

Second draft of candidates for F10 solar CD/DVD sleeves

Hi All,

Please find the updated draft of candidates for F10 solar CD/DVD
sleeves from this link:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/jarodwen/Fedora/10/sleeve_arts/sleeve_arts.html

The main changes include:

* changed fonts to be MgOpen Modata;
* changed the planet to be the latest version from solar theme;
* redesigned the nebular around the planets;
* updated the planets in all candidates for the same style;
* cleaned the source files with better layers' name;
* re-arranged the webpage so that you need not to open the png files
at one time.

As mentioned by ~m, since the color issue is not a key one now, I kept
the original color design for this version. I will try to figure out
how to decrease the number of colors while keeping the better
performance(it is a little hard to me as a newbie... :-P).

Please give me your comments! Thanks!

------
Jarod Wen
jarodwen@gmail.com

Jarod Wen 10-06-2008 11:17 PM

Second draft of candidates for F10 solar CD/DVD sleeves

Sorry guys, I forgot to change the font for the number 10... The
problem has been fixed. The link has not been changed.

Nicu Buculei 10-07-2008 05:58 AM

Jarod Wen wrote:

As mentioned by ~m, since the color issue is not a key one now, I kept
the original color design for this version. I will try to figure out how
to decrease the number of colors while keeping the better performance(it
is a little hard to me as a newbie... :-P).

I don't think you will be able the reduce the number of colors, the only
change is to do something like the GRUB screen (a simplified image).