-   -   Updated preferences-desktop-theme icon set draft (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/170075-updated-preferences-desktop-theme-icon-set-draft.html)

Luya Tshimbalanga 10-03-2008 09:08 AM

Updated preferences-desktop-theme icon set draft

Using Nicu's idea, I made window decoration for the theme. I left the
content blank but I am considering adding some elements. I also worked
on tshirt idea although it needs to be detailed. Feedback welcome

Luya

Nicu Buculei 10-03-2008 09:18 AM

Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:

Using Nicu's idea, I made window decoration for the theme. I left the
content blank but I am considering adding some elements. I also worked
on tshirt idea although it needs to be detailed. Feedback welcome

I think you also put some color for the content of the windows, to make
the distinction clearer (how about a "normal" one and an "inverted"
another"?).
And if you are going with themed windows, they need some details: a few
buttons and panels.

Luya Tshimbalanga 10-08-2008 05:51 AM

Nicu Buculei a écrit :

> I think you also put some color for the content of the windows, to
> make the distinction clearer (how about a "normal" one and an
> "inverted" another"?).
> And if you are going with themed windows, they need some details: a
> few buttons and panels.

I have updated the theme. The front windows is similar to Nodoka
version with blue buttons as difference while the green has darker
theme. Comment welcome

Luya

Luya Tshimbalanga 10-08-2008 05:58 AM

Nicu Buculei a écrit :

> I think you also put some color for the content of the windows, to
> make the distinction clearer (how about a "normal" one and an
> "inverted" another"?).
> And if you are going with themed windows, they need some details: a
> few buttons and panels.

I have updated the theme. The front windows is similar to Nodoka
version with blue buttons as difference while the green has darker
theme. Comment welcome

Luya

Reference:

Martin Sourada 10-08-2008 06:35 AM

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 22:58 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> I have updated the theme. The front windows is similar to Nodoka
> version with blue buttons as difference while the green has darker
> theme. Comment welcome

I think it would be better if you added some button on the vast space
inside the window, rather than in the menu, or toolbar or whatever it
is. The current one looks sort of strange to me. Also the menu for the
green one would be probably better in dark green than in near-black.

Martin

Luya Tshimbalanga 10-09-2008 06:31 AM

Martin Sourada a écrit*:

I think it would be better if you added some button on the vast space
inside the window, rather than in the menu, or toolbar or whatever it
is. The current one looks sort of strange to me. Also the menu for the
green one would be probably better in dark green than in near-black.

Martin

Set menu in dark green. I have added button and status bar to fill
space inside the empty

window similar to Nodoka theme. Feedback welcome.

Luya

Reference:

Nicu Buculei 10-09-2008 07:32 AM

Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:

Set menu in dark green. I have added button and status bar to fill space
inside the empty

window similar to Nodoka theme. Feedback welcome.

Attached: I copied the widgets to the green window, the icon was
unbalanced without them.

Luya Tshimbalanga 10-09-2008 09:12 AM

Nicu Buculei a écrit :

> Attached: I copied the widgets to the green window, the icon was
> unbalanced without them.

Good catch. I have updated the model to fix some blurriness on 16x16.

Luya

Martin Sourada 10-10-2008 08:36 AM

On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 02:12 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Nicu Buculei a écrit :
> >
> > Attached: I copied the widgets to the green window, the icon was
> > unbalanced without them.
> >
> Good catch. I have updated the model to fix some blurriness on 16x16.
>
> Luya

I think all the sizes sans 256x256 need further fixes to look more crisp
and be better recognisable. For the 16x16 I'd rather use radio button +
progress bar than two radio buttons.

Martin

Luya Tshimbalanga 10-11-2008 07:49 AM

Martin Sourada a écrit :
> I think all the sizes sans 256x256 need further fixes to look more crisp
> and be better recognisable. For the 16x16 I'd rather use radio button +
> progress bar than two radio buttons.

Updated icon set.

Luya