Old 10-02-2008, 04:51 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

Default Fedora Remix design

I left some comments on the proposal for a Fedora Remix mark design
here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pfrields/Secondary_trademark_design

Did anyone, Nicu included, want to revisit it, or make an alternative
proposal? You could either consider my comments, or come up with
something new. Remember that no logo is desired, just a design based
on the words themselves.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Máirín Duffy

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> I left some comments on the proposal for a Fedora Remix mark design
> here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pfrields/Secondary_trademark_design
>
> Did anyone, Nicu included, want to revisit it, or make an alternative
> proposal? You could either consider my comments, or come up with
> something new. Remember that no logo is desired, just a design based
> on the words themselves.

I just uploaded a bunch of stuffs

~m

Old 10-02-2008, 06:38 PM
"Clint Savage"

2008/10/2 Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com>:
> I left some comments on the proposal for a Fedora Remix mark design
> here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pfrields/Secondary_trademark_design
>
> Did anyone, Nicu included, want to revisit it, or make an alternative
> proposal? You could either consider my comments, or come up with
> something new. Remember that no logo is desired, just a design based
> on the words themselves.

I have interest in creating it, just haven't found the time...maybe
this weekend.

Cheers,

Clint

Old 10-02-2008, 10:06 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 02:35:49PM -0400, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=E1ir=EDn_Duffy_ wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > I left some comments on the proposal for a Fedora Remix mark design
> > here:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pfrields/Secondary_trademark_design
> >
> > Did anyone, Nicu included, want to revisit it, or make an alternative
> > proposal? You could either consider my comments, or come up with
> > something new. Remember that no logo is desired, just a design based
> > on the words themselves.
>
> I just uploaded a bunch of stuffs

Hey, neat! I like 9 and 13 the most. What do you think about
incorporating reverse print on a banner for the "Remix" word in 13?
Or do you think that's too... I dunno, too much?

Putting that aside, what about incorporating that arrow elsewhere,
like pointing up in the 'i' of Remix? Maybe less is more in this case
too.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:01 AM
"Clint Savage"

2008/10/2 Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 02:35:49PM -0400, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=E1ir=EDn_Duffy_ wrote:
>> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> > I left some comments on the proposal for a Fedora Remix mark design
>> > here:
>> >
>> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pfrields/Secondary_trademark_design
>> >
>> > Did anyone, Nicu included, want to revisit it, or make an alternative
>> > proposal? You could either consider my comments, or come up with
>> > something new. Remember that no logo is desired, just a design based
>> > on the words themselves.
>>
>> I just uploaded a bunch of stuffs
>
> Hey, neat! I like 9 and 13 the most. What do you think about
> incorporating reverse print on a banner for the "Remix" word in 13?
> Or do you think that's too... I dunno, too much?
>
> Putting that aside, what about incorporating that arrow elsewhere,
> like pointing up in the 'i' of Remix? Maybe less is more in this case
> too.

I added a design today as well. I'm glad someone reminded me about
this as I really wanted to submit something. I hope this design works
well.

Cheers,

Clint

Old 10-03-2008, 07:10 AM
Nicu Buculei

Paul W. Frields wrote:

Hey, neat! I like 9 and 13 the most. What do you think about
incorporating reverse print on a banner for the "Remix" word in 13?
Or do you think that's too... I dunno, too much?

Putting that aside, what about incorporating that arrow elsewhere,
like pointing up in the 'i' of Remix? Maybe less is more in this case
too.

I was looking for some fresh inspiration... here is something based on
mizmo's work:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Fedora_secondary_logo_drafts_nicubunu_mizmo. svg

Old 10-03-2008, 07:24 AM
Nicu Buculei

Clint Savage wrote:

I added a design today as well. I'm glad someone reminded me about
this as I really wanted to submit something. I hope this design works
well.

Clint, hope you don't mind some criticism:
- the "remix" word is too small compared with the rest of the logo, you
if you have the logo to a small size, it will be unreadable (it is
barely readable even in the thumbnail you posted). Make it larger, as
*it* is the focus here;
- there is a new trend to have logos in full color, mainly in the case
when the logos are used exclusively on the web (this is why some call
them "web 2.0 logos"), but I think we need here something more
traditional, with less colors: I believe one of the uses of this logo is
to have it printed on CD labels, where the number of colors matters.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:59 AM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 10:10:17AM +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>>
>> Hey, neat! I like 9 and 13 the most. What do you think about
>> incorporating reverse print on a banner for the "Remix" word in 13?
>> Or do you think that's too... I dunno, too much?
>>
>> Putting that aside, what about incorporating that arrow elsewhere,
>> like pointing up in the 'i' of Remix? Maybe less is more in this case
>> too.
>
> I was looking for some fresh inspiration... here is something based on
> mizmo's work:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Fedora_secondary_logo_drafts_nicubunu_mizmo. svg

OK, so maybe that's *not* too busy, as I worried... In your takeoff on
9, can you reverse the "tail" at the top of the 'i' in remix, so it
faces the other way? That will make it look like a numeral '1,' but I
think that would not only be OK, but kind of cool.

Also, one other change to try, maybe as a separate set of two graphics
-- how about making the ends of the "remix" banner completely rounded?

Old 10-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Nicu Buculei

Paul W. Frields wrote:

OK, so maybe that's *not* too busy, as I worried... In your takeoff on
9, can you reverse the "tail" at the top of the 'i' in remix, so it
faces the other way? That will make it look like a numeral '1,' but I
think that would not only be OK, but kind of cool.

OK

Also, one other change to try, maybe as a separate set of two graphics
-- how about making the ends of the "remix" banner completely rounded?

I think it make sense, if the wordmakr has such a rounded font to try
also a rounded banner:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Fedora_secondary_logo_drafts_nicubunu_mizmo_ 1.svg

Old 10-03-2008, 01:03 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 03:40:08PM +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>>
>> OK, so maybe that's *not* too busy, as I worried... In your takeoff on
>> 9, can you reverse the "tail" at the top of the 'i' in remix, so it
>> faces the other way? That will make it look like a numeral '1,' but I
>> think that would not only be OK, but kind of cool.
>
> OK
>
>> Also, one other change to try, maybe as a separate set of two graphics
>> -- how about making the ends of the "remix" banner completely rounded?
>
> I think it make sense, if the wordmakr has such a rounded font to try
> also a rounded banner:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Fedora_secondary_logo_drafts_nicubunu_mizmo_ 1.svg

Wow! I'm really digging both of those versions. What do all the
Artwork folks think of those?