Old 10-03-2008, 01:17 PM
"Clint Savage"

Default Fedora Remix design

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 1:24 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro> wrote:
> Clint Savage wrote:
>>
>> I added a design today as well. I'm glad someone reminded me about
>> this as I really wanted to submit something. I hope this design works
>> well.
>
> Clint, hope you don't mind some criticism:
> - the "remix" word is too small compared with the rest of the logo, you if
> you have the logo to a small size, it will be unreadable (it is barely
> readable even in the thumbnail you posted). Make it larger, as *it* is the
> focus here;
> - there is a new trend to have logos in full color, mainly in the case when
> the logos are used exclusively on the web (this is why some call them "web
> 2.0 logos"), but I think we need here something more traditional, with less
> colors: I believe one of the uses of this logo is to have it printed on CD
> labels, where the number of colors matters.

Nicu,

Thank you for the criticism. I am always happy to take this (aka
constructive) type. I'll look at my design and see what I can come up
with. I like where you guys are going with the other logo, I just
don't like it enough to be convinced...yet.

Cheers,

Clint

Old 10-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Máirín Duffy

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>>
>> OK, so maybe that's *not* too busy, as I worried... In your takeoff on
>> 9, can you reverse the "tail" at the top of the 'i' in remix, so it
>> faces the other way? That will make it look like a numeral '1,' but I
>> think that would not only be OK, but kind of cool.
>
> OK
>
>> Also, one other change to try, maybe as a separate set of two graphics
>> -- how about making the ends of the "remix" banner completely rounded?
>
> I think it make sense, if the wordmakr has such a rounded font to try
> also a rounded banner:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Fedora_secondary_logo_drafts_nicubunu_mizmo_ 1.svg

ooooo I really like the rounded banner! I still think the type in
it needs a bit more cowbell though, not sure what yet. I might play
with it this afternoon.

~m

Old 10-03-2008, 02:17 PM
"Jayme Ayres"

I added a idea, I hopeI hope you enjoy.
Cheers!

www.jaymeayres.com
www.projetofedora.org
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JaymeAyres

Old 10-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Nicu Buculei

Jayme Ayres wrote:

I added a idea, I hopeI hope you enjoy.

It raises an interesting question: do we want to change the colors or
stick with the original two shades of blue? I can see both pluses and
minuses for each...

Old 10-03-2008, 03:31 PM
"Jayme Ayres"

It raises an interesting question: do we want to change the colors or stick with the original two shades of blue? I can see both pluses and minuses for each...

My proposal is just that, escaping a bit of traditional colors and
maybe use the complementary colors of blue, I know that this proposal
does not match with the guideline but is a good debate to begin.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:33 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 06:02:10PM +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Jayme Ayres wrote:
>> I added a idea, I hopeI hope you enjoy.
>
> It raises an interesting question: do we want to change the colors or
> stick with the original two shades of blue? I can see both pluses and
> minuses for each...

Two things I wanted to respond with:

1. I like the ! for 'i' idea. Maybe that could be combined with
Nicu's latest work?

2. I am working on getting this secondary mark covered by free
licensing, so the mark itself can be "remixed," meaning the colors
could change if needed for a specific remix community's theme and so
on.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:07 PM
"Jayme Ayres"

2008/10/3 Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com>

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 06:02:10PM +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:

> Jayme Ayres wrote:

>> I added a idea, I hopeI hope you enjoy.

> It raises an interesting question: do we want to change the colors or

> stick with the original two shades of blue? I can see both pluses and

> minuses for each...

Two things I wanted to respond with:

1. *I like the ! for 'i' idea. *Maybe that could be combined with

Nicu's latest work?

2. *I am working on getting this secondary mark covered by free

licensing, so the mark itself can be "remixed," meaning the colors

could change if needed for a specific remix community's theme and so

on.

--

Paul W. Frields * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *http://paul.frields.org/

*gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233 *5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717

*http://redhat.com/ * - *- *- *- * http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/

*irc.freenode.net: stickster @ #fedora-docs, #fedora-devel, #fredlug

I made some modifications based on what Paul recommended, particularly the options 1 and 2 are my favorite.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Pfrields/Secondary_trademark_design