Old 10-01-2008, 08:57 AM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Default New preferences-desktop-theme icon set draft

Looking to other icons, ideas about shirts for colour theme does not
really convince. Instead,
this version use a simple tile sheet with primary colours from the light
(can be used with printing or organic colours as well). Feedback welcome.

Luya

Old 10-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Nicu Buculei

Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:

Looking to other icons, ideas about shirts for colour theme does not
really convince. Instead,
this version use a simple tile sheet with primary colours from the light
(can be used with printing or organic colours as well). Feedback welcome.

I think it is too simple, 3 colored planes are not a metaphor for
changing the look of the desktop. How about having 2 or 3 application
windows in different colors?

As implementation, the 32x32 version make me think about a bar chart.

Also, I think you may want to use other colors, usually the RGB triplet
is used to suggest something relate to setting up your display (like
color profiles).

Old 10-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Martin Sourada

On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 01:57 -0700, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Looking to other icons, ideas about shirts for colour theme does not
> really convince. Instead,
> this version use a simple tile sheet with primary colours from the light
> (can be used with printing or organic colours as well). Feedback welcome.
>
> Luya

It's not just changing colours, you can change there everything from
background to font... I suggest you stick with the t-shirt analogy, IMHO
it works pretty good.