-   -   fedora forum banner (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/168938-fedora-forum-banner.html)

Luya Tshimbalanga 10-01-2008 07:43 AM

fedora forum banner

Fedora forum just got upgraded recently. I took some opportunity to
redesign the banner by replacing the fedora hat with the logo. "forum"
word is using MgOpen Modata typeface and the background will remain the
same. I would like to verify if the banner is legal and can be used on
Fedora forum. You will see the current banner and the concept.

Luya

Máirín Duffy 10-01-2008 01:27 PM

fedora forum banner

Hi Luya,

Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> Fedora forum just got upgraded recently. I took some opportunity to
> redesign the banner by replacing the fedora hat with the logo. "forum"
> word is using MgOpen Modata typeface and the background will remain the
> same. I would like to verify if the banner is legal and can be used on
> Fedora forum. You will see the current banner and the concept.

If the logomark and logotype are used as two separate design elements,
they are going to need more clear spacing between them. See:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines#Logo_Clear_Space

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines#Never_Rearrange_Elements_of_the_Lo go

What I would strongly recommend is to plan the design around the
standard logo form with the logotype on the left and the logomark to the
upper right of the logotype.

~m

Rahul Sundaram 10-01-2008 04:51 PM

fedora forum banner

Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:

Fedora forum just got upgraded recently. I took some opportunity to
redesign the banner by replacing the fedora hat with the logo. "forum"
word is using MgOpen Modata typeface and the background will remain the
same. I would like to verify if the banner is legal and can be used on
Fedora forum. You will see the current banner and the concept.

I would strongly recommending taking this opportunity to replace the
blue hat with something else.

Rahul

Máirín Duffy 10-01-2008 05:42 PM

fedora forum banner

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
>> Fedora forum just got upgraded recently. I took some opportunity to
>> redesign the banner by replacing the fedora hat with the logo. "forum"
>> word is using MgOpen Modata typeface and the background will remain the
>> same. I would like to verify if the banner is legal and can be used on
>> Fedora forum. You will see the current banner and the concept.
>>

> I would strongly recommending taking this opportunity to replace the
> blue hat with something else.

That's what Luya is doing. :) He included the current one for reference,
his new design didn't have a hat in it.

~m

Luya Tshimbalanga 10-01-2008 07:42 PM

fedora forum banner

Hi Máirín,

Máirín Duffy a écrit :
> If the logomark and logotype are used as two separate design elements,
> they are going to need more clear spacing between them. See:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines#Logo_Clear_Space
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines#Never_Rearrange_Elements_of_the_Lo go
>
> What I would strongly recommend is to plan the design around the
> standard logo form with the logotype on the left and the logomark to the
> upper right of the logotype.

Following the recommendation, the space for the logo brand is set at
x/2 as minimum due to the size of banner. "Community Support" is above
"forum word. Feedback welcome.

Luya