Old 09-30-2008, 08:00 AM
Martin Sourada

Default Another Solar Update & remaining F10 release tasks (volunteers needed!)

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 00:33 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> I spent about 12 hours today going through most of the Solar artwork and
> updating it to use the new, cleaned XCF source. I also created some
> additional wallpaper artwork so we can support dual 1600x1200 monitors
> as well as a larger 5:4 ratio resolution.

Great work! I noticed that the 5:4 sun-rise one is different from the
other three at that ratio (the sun is bigger). I don't suppose that is
intentional?

Martin

Old 09-30-2008, 10:01 AM
"Pavel Shevchuk"

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 7:33 AM, Máirín Duffy <mairin@linuxgrrl.com> wrote:
> - the KDE Login screen. I don't know much about KDE login theming; Samuele
> you may need to update the artwork in your mockup - I think Stalwart was
> going to write the theme based on that artwork. (Any status updates on the
> KDE login theme?)

One of KDE SIG members is already working on KDM theme.

KSplash mockup would be nice

--
http://scwlab.com

Old 09-30-2008, 02:24 PM
"Kushal Das"

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Máirín Duffy <mairin@linuxgrrl.com> wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> I spent about 12 hours today going through most of the Solar artwork and
> updating it to use the new, cleaned XCF source. I also created some
> additional wallpaper artwork so we can support dual 1600x1200 monitors as
> well as a larger 5:4 ratio resolution.
>
> The only artwork left to be modified is:
>
> - the KDE Login screen. I don't know much about KDE login theming; Samuele
> you may need to update the artwork in your mockup - I think Stalwart was
> going to write the theme based on that artwork. (Any status updates on the
> KDE login theme?)
The final version full source is still pointing to the old file
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Solar_gimp_1900x1200.xcf.bz2

Kushal
--
http://fedoraproject.org
http://kushaldas.in

Old 09-30-2008, 06:04 PM
"Pavel Shevchuk"

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik@redhat.com> wrote:
> I like that Plymouth mockup but I'm afraid there
> is no time to implement it for KSplash.

Plymouth splash doesn't display progress.

KSplash must display either icons (default behaviour), or something
like progressbar.

--
http://scwlab.com

Old 09-30-2008, 08:03 PM
"Pavel Shevchuk"

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Charlie Brej <fedora-art@brej.org> wrote:
> Máirín Duffy wrote:
>>
>> Pavel Shevchuk wrote:

>>> Plymouth splash doesn't display progress.
>>
>> It does, doesn't it?
>>
>> ~m
>
> It will do. Ray committed the progress branch to main yesterday and we now
> have the option of having some kind of progress bar/timer/... Just need some
> ideas now.

Yes, i'm talking about some themed progress indicator. Like icons solarizing...
--
http://scwlab.com