-   -   Plymouth progress widget (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-design-team/167964-plymouth-progress-widget.html)

Charlie Brej 09-29-2008 10:35 AM

Plymouth progress widget

I am looking for ideas for the progress widget for the plymouth splash
screen[1]. I have already tried having the sun being covered by an
eclipse and showing a corona but that didn't look that good. The
possibilities are unlimited and I am happy to code up any reasonable
suggestions into prototypes. If you can supply a pixmap too then that
would be useful.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/3/34/F10-solar-plymouth1.swf

"Jˇhann B. Gu­mundsson" 09-29-2008 11:32 AM

Plymouth progress widget

Charlie Brej wrote:
I am looking for ideas for the progress widget for the plymouth splash
screen[1]. I have already tried having the sun being covered by an
eclipse and showing a corona but that didn't look that good. The
possibilities are unlimited and I am happy to code up any reasonable
suggestions into prototypes. If you can supply a pixmap too then that
would be useful.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/3/34/F10-solar-plymouth1.swf

What about some thing that is orbiting the sun or a comet passing the
sun shuttle flowing to or away from the sun?

Just some ideas :)

Best regards..
Jˇhann B.