Old 10-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Default New image-missing icon set

Martin Sourada a écrit*:

Speaking about paper-template, it will be nice to set a directory to
store such template in git repository.

I think of having them part of the echo-artist scripts (so in git they
would be in the echo-artist sources), as well as available directly on
the Guidelines page. I just also though about adding some gradient
definitions to the templates - so that we would use gradients easily and
consistently (the most used ones like gray, white, blue, green,
metallic, orange, brown, yellow). What do you think of it?

That makes sense so other artists will have easy access to these
templates.

Luya

Old 10-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Nicu Buculei

Martin Sourada wrote:

I just also though about adding some gradient
definitions to the templates - so that we would use gradients easily and
consistently (the most used ones like gray, white, blue, green,
metallic, orange, brown, yellow). What do you think of it?

The gradients are definitely useful, so one do not have to create the
definitions each time (and end with a slightly different one each time).

But I think you can go also with a "visual swatch", like a SVG version
of
https://fedorahosted.org/echo-icon-theme/attachment/wiki/Guidelines/echo-palette.png
but with gradients instead of solid colors: drag and drop this SVG into
your drawing, delete it (the definitions are imported), use the
gradients and then vacuum defs.