FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Build System

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Gordan Bobic
 
Default Setting Environment Variables Into Mock Chroot

Is there a way to make mock explicitly set environment variables in the
build chroot?


Specifically, I want to set LD_PRELOAD explicitly during the build, but
I cannot find any way of telling mock to do that. Is there a way to do this?


Gordan
--
buildsys mailing list
buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
 
Old 12-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Clark Williams
 
Default Setting Environment Variables Into Mock Chroot

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 21:09:30 +0000
Gordan Bobic <gordan@bobich.net> wrote:

> Is there a way to make mock explicitly set environment variables in the
> build chroot?
>
> Specifically, I want to set LD_PRELOAD explicitly during the build, but
> I cannot find any way of telling mock to do that. Is there a way to do this?
>
> Gordan

Not at present. I'll look at adding a per-config option that would
allow you to add environment variables to the chroot environment.

Clark
--
buildsys mailing list
buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
 
Old 12-13-2011, 08:16 PM
"Vijay N. Majagaonkar"
 
Default Setting Environment Variables Into Mock Chroot

> Is there a way to make mock explicitly set environment variables in the

> build chroot?

>

> Specifically, I want to set LD_PRELOAD explicitly during the build, but

> I cannot find any way of telling mock to do that. Is there a way to do this?

>

> Gordan



Not at present. I'll look at adding a per-config option that would

allow you to add environment variables to the chroot environment.

You can run configure from RPM SPEC?*
--
buildsys mailing list
buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
 
Old 12-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Ville Skyttä
 
Default Setting Environment Variables Into Mock Chroot

On 12/13/2011 11:12 PM, Clark Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 21:09:30 +0000
> Gordan Bobic <gordan@bobich.net> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to make mock explicitly set environment variables in the
>> build chroot?
>>
>> Specifically, I want to set LD_PRELOAD explicitly during the build, but
>> I cannot find any way of telling mock to do that. Is there a way to do this?
>>
>> Gordan
>
> Not at present. I'll look at adding a per-config option that would
> allow you to add environment variables to the chroot environment.

Wouldn't something like this work?

config_opts['files']['etc/profile.d/mystuff.sh'] = """
export LD_PRELOAD=/some/thing.so
export FOO=bar
# ...
"""
--
buildsys mailing list
buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
 
Old 12-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Clark Williams
 
Default Setting Environment Variables Into Mock Chroot

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 23:22:08 +0200
Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi> wrote:

> On 12/13/2011 11:12 PM, Clark Williams wrote:
> > On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 21:09:30 +0000
> > Gordan Bobic <gordan@bobich.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Is there a way to make mock explicitly set environment variables in the
> >> build chroot?
> >>
> >> Specifically, I want to set LD_PRELOAD explicitly during the build, but
> >> I cannot find any way of telling mock to do that. Is there a way to do this?
> >>
> >> Gordan
> >
> > Not at present. I'll look at adding a per-config option that would
> > allow you to add environment variables to the chroot environment.
>
> Wouldn't something like this work?
>
> config_opts['files']['etc/profile.d/mystuff.sh'] = """
> export LD_PRELOAD=/some/thing.so
> export FOO=bar
> # ...
> """

Good point Ville, and it wouldn't require a code change
--
buildsys mailing list
buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:57 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org