FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Build System

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-11-2010, 08:49 PM
Mike McLean
 
Default createrepo run after mock

On 02/11/2010 03:12 AM, Mike Bonnet wrote:
> We have a Koji hub plugin system now, which makes implementing this kind
> of post-build operation pretty simple. I think the last time we talked
> about something like this, we were concerned about the load on the hub
> from constantly running createrepos. However, I guess running a
> createrepo on a handful of packages won't cause a huge increase in load,
> and if it's really useful it's worth it.

I'm not sure I'd want the createrepo to run on the hub, though I guess
such small runs would be fairly quick and not overly frequent.

We can probably still farm it out to the builders, or just run it in
kojid after the build. There are just a few issues with paths and urls
to work out.
--
buildsys mailing list
buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
 
Old 02-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Seth Vidal
 
Default createrepo run after mock

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Mike McLean wrote:

> On 02/11/2010 03:12 AM, Mike Bonnet wrote:
>> We have a Koji hub plugin system now, which makes implementing this kind
>> of post-build operation pretty simple. I think the last time we talked
>> about something like this, we were concerned about the load on the hub
>> from constantly running createrepos. However, I guess running a
>> createrepo on a handful of packages won't cause a huge increase in load,
>> and if it's really useful it's worth it.
>
> I'm not sure I'd want the createrepo to run on the hub, though I guess
> such small runs would be fairly quick and not overly frequent.
>
> We can probably still farm it out to the builders, or just run it in
> kojid after the build. There are just a few issues with paths and urls
> to work out.

I'd say run it on the builders, too. That way we can potentially be
clever if we ever find ourselves with multiple versions of createrepo for
specific trees. So we can build the right version for the process.

-sv

--
buildsys mailing list
buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
 
Old 02-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Jesse Keating
 
Default createrepo run after mock

On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 17:03 -0500, Seth Vidal wrote:
>
> On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Mike McLean wrote:
>
> > On 02/11/2010 03:12 AM, Mike Bonnet wrote:
> >> We have a Koji hub plugin system now, which makes implementing this kind
> >> of post-build operation pretty simple. I think the last time we talked
> >> about something like this, we were concerned about the load on the hub
> >> from constantly running createrepos. However, I guess running a
> >> createrepo on a handful of packages won't cause a huge increase in load,
> >> and if it's really useful it's worth it.
> >
> > I'm not sure I'd want the createrepo to run on the hub, though I guess
> > such small runs would be fairly quick and not overly frequent.
> >
> > We can probably still farm it out to the builders, or just run it in
> > kojid after the build. There are just a few issues with paths and urls
> > to work out.
>
> I'd say run it on the builders, too. That way we can potentially be
> clever if we ever find ourselves with multiple versions of createrepo for
> specific trees. So we can build the right version for the process.
>

Are you meaning doing it in the /chroot/ ? That'd mean adding
createrepo as a chroot item for every build, or creating a chroot for
every post-build createrepo call.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom˛ is a feature!
identi.ca: http://identi.ca/jkeating
--
buildsys mailing list
buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
 
Old 02-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Seth Vidal
 
Default createrepo run after mock

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Jesse Keating wrote:

>> I'd say run it on the builders, too. That way we can potentially be
>> clever if we ever find ourselves with multiple versions of createrepo for
>> specific trees. So we can build the right version for the process.
>>
>
> Are you meaning doing it in the /chroot/ ? That'd mean adding
> createrepo as a chroot item for every build, or creating a chroot for
> every post-build createrepo call.

I don't necessarily mean that - but potentially it would be worthwhile.

really all we need is host you're making the the chroot on to be using the
same createrepo/metadata version.

just a zany thought for some potentially painful future.

-sv

--
buildsys mailing list
buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
 
Old 02-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Seth Vidal
 
Default createrepo run after mock

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Seth Vidal wrote:

>
>
> On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Jesse Keating wrote:
>
>>> I'd say run it on the builders, too. That way we can potentially be
>>> clever if we ever find ourselves with multiple versions of createrepo for
>>> specific trees. So we can build the right version for the process.
>>>
>>
>> Are you meaning doing it in the /chroot/ ? That'd mean adding
>> createrepo as a chroot item for every build, or creating a chroot for
>> every post-build createrepo call.
>
> I don't necessarily mean that - but potentially it would be worthwhile.
>
> really all we need is host you're making the the chroot on to be using the
> same createrepo/metadata version.
>
> just a zany thought for some potentially painful future.
>

this may just be muddying the waters - feel free to ignore it.

-sv

--
buildsys mailing list
buildsys@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/buildsys
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:52 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org