FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Build System

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-30-2008, 05:31 AM
"Martin Langhoff"
 
Default livecd-iso-to-disk works on Pungi CDs.

Welcome surprise - the livecd-iso-to-disk utility included in
livecd-tools works well with pungi-created CDs, booting normally into
anaconda.

Now, I only have to figure out how to get anaconda to accept the repo
that's in the CD/USB disk to complete a base install.

cheers,



m
--
martin.langhoff@gmail.com
martin@laptop.org -- School Server Architect
- ask interesting questions
- don't get distracted with shiny stuff - working code first
- http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Martinlanghoff

--
Fedora-buildsys-list mailing list
Fedora-buildsys-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-buildsys-list
 
Old 07-30-2008, 08:04 AM
"Martin Langhoff"
 
Default livecd-iso-to-disk works on Pungi CDs.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff@gmail.com> wrote:
> Welcome surprise - the livecd-iso-to-disk utility included in
> livecd-tools works well with pungi-created CDs, booting normally into
> anaconda.

Time to qualify this. I can get anaconda to start, and with a trivial
patch to livecd-iso-to-disk I can get all the files in place. Anaconda
doesn't seem to find images/stage2.img however.

When it asks "where is your install media" I can point it to
/dev/sdb1, and it works. Providing a root=UUID=<vol_id> and
rootfstype=vfat does not seem to work. I don't want to write
/dev/<unportabledeviceid> in the syslinux.cfg file though.

Is there a kernel cmdline that is portable and read by anaconda? If I
can set that during the setup of the usb stick, we are sorted.

cheers,



m
--
martin.langhoff@gmail.com
martin@laptop.org -- School Server Architect
- ask interesting questions
- don't get distracted with shiny stuff - working code first
- http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Martinlanghoff

--
Fedora-buildsys-list mailing list
Fedora-buildsys-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-buildsys-list
 
Old 07-30-2008, 08:25 AM
"Martin Langhoff"
 
Default livecd-iso-to-disk works on Pungi CDs.

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff@gmail.com> wrote:
> a trivial patch to livecd-iso-to-disk I can get all the files in place

Patch here -
http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/xs-livecd;a=commitdiff;h=da6c70eb79d7a9513e9bbabd0acd 71bb745d53e5

cheers,


martin
--
martin.langhoff@gmail.com
martin@laptop.org -- School Server Architect
- ask interesting questions
- don't get distracted with shiny stuff - working code first
- http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Martinlanghoff

--
Fedora-buildsys-list mailing list
Fedora-buildsys-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-buildsys-list
 
Old 07-30-2008, 01:26 PM
Jeremy Katz
 
Default livecd-iso-to-disk works on Pungi CDs.

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 17:31 +1200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> Welcome surprise - the livecd-iso-to-disk utility included in
> livecd-tools works well with pungi-created CDs, booting normally into
> anaconda.

The script is for livecds. Trying to keep it working for more
variations than that isn't really something that's interesting or
sustainable. There are already too many branches and special cases as
it is in there. So while it may sort of work today, I don't in any way
want to guarantee that it will tomorrow

Also, the shell script should hopefully be getting used less by people
in preference for lmacken's nicer python util/UI.

Jeremy

--
Fedora-buildsys-list mailing list
Fedora-buildsys-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-buildsys-list
 
Old 07-30-2008, 10:03 PM
"Martin Langhoff"
 
Default livecd-iso-to-disk works on Pungi CDs.

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 1:26 AM, Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 17:31 +1200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
>> Welcome surprise - the livecd-iso-to-disk utility included in
>> livecd-tools works well with pungi-created CDs, booting normally into
>> anaconda.
>
> The script is for livecds. Trying to keep it working for more
> variations than that isn't really something that's interesting or
> sustainable.

No prob. I'll make a fork of it, rename it installcd-iso-to-disk.

> Also, the shell script should hopefully be getting used less by people
> in preference for lmacken's nicer python util/UI.

Google led me to https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator -- looks
nice enough, but I need an automatable, text-config-driven build
toolchain that runs on headless boxes.

cheers,



martin
--
martin.langhoff@gmail.com
martin@laptop.org -- School Server Architect
- ask interesting questions
- don't get distracted with shiny stuff - working code first
- http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Martinlanghoff

--
Fedora-buildsys-list mailing list
Fedora-buildsys-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-buildsys-list
 
Old 07-31-2008, 02:05 AM
Jeremy Katz
 
Default livecd-iso-to-disk works on Pungi CDs.

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 10:03 +1200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 1:26 AM, Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 17:31 +1200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> >> Welcome surprise - the livecd-iso-to-disk utility included in
> >> livecd-tools works well with pungi-created CDs, booting normally into
> >> anaconda.
> >
> > The script is for livecds. Trying to keep it working for more
> > variations than that isn't really something that's interesting or
> > sustainable.
>
> No prob. I'll make a fork of it, rename it installcd-iso-to-disk.

And I have no problem at all with someone maintaining such a script. In
fact, I'd encourage it even :-)

> > Also, the shell script should hopefully be getting used less by people
> > in preference for lmacken's nicer python util/UI.
>
> Google led me to https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator -- looks
> nice enough, but I need an automatable, text-config-driven build
> toolchain that runs on headless boxes.

The idea is that it should have a command line interface also. If it
doesn't, throw stones at Luke until he finishes it ;-)

Jeremy

--
Fedora-buildsys-list mailing list
Fedora-buildsys-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-buildsys-list
 
Old 07-31-2008, 02:43 PM
Jeroen van Meeuwen
 
Default livecd-iso-to-disk works on Pungi CDs.

Martin Langhoff wrote:

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 1:26 AM, Jeremy Katz <katzj@redhat.com> wrote:

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 17:31 +1200, Martin Langhoff wrote:

Welcome surprise - the livecd-iso-to-disk utility included in
livecd-tools works well with pungi-created CDs, booting normally into
anaconda.

The script is for livecds. Trying to keep it working for more
variations than that isn't really something that's interesting or
sustainable.


No prob. I'll make a fork of it, rename it installcd-iso-to-disk.



> Google led me to https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator -- looks
> nice enough, but I need an automatable, text-config-driven build
> toolchain that runs on headless boxes.

Hey,

your script is welcome with Revisor, a automatable, text-config-driven
build toolchain that runs on headless boxes, as well as a nice GUI for
Joe Average users (which we're not).


I'll help you write a module to enable your particular use-case if you
like. Care to elaborate?


Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

--
Fedora-buildsys-list mailing list
Fedora-buildsys-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-buildsys-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:43 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org