Old 05-01-2008, 09:50 PM
"Paul W. Frields"

Default Board nominations

A few weeks after the release of Fedora 9, it will be once again time
for Fedora Project Board elections[1]. This time around, as you may have
heard[2], we have shifted our composition to five elected seats out of
nine, instead of the previous four.

Are you someone who thinks a lot about Fedora’s impact on society and
the world? Do you love reading books about open standards and the
free/remix culture? Do you want to work on big-picture issues as opposed
to technical details? Has the time you’ve spent working in the Fedora
Project brought you an appreciation for all the things our contributor
community does? Then you might be just the sort of person who’s
interested in a seat on the Board.

The job of the Board is to advise and guide the Fedora Project, as laid
out on its wiki page[3]. We try to make sure that Fedora is at all times
living up to its mission of the advancement of free and open source
software, and that we are doing so in an open, transparent way. Board
membership carries with it a responsibility to the community to deal
with thorny issues, to anticipate and serve the needs of our
contributors, and to stay true to the principles on which the Project is
founded. In return, you have unlimited cosmic power!

That last part is not really true. In fact, the Board doesn’t really
have resources of its own — it’s the Board’s job to guide and advise,
and convince other Fedora contributors of the right path to follow. It
can be difficult work, but it’s rewarding to see the growth of Fedora
worldwide as a reminder of how far we’ve come, and how far we’ve yet to
go.

If you are interested, you can simply nominate yourself by posting a
message to the fedora-advisory-board list[4], and please cc: me as well.

Election dates have not been set yet, but you can expect that
announcement very shortly.

= = =
[1] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-May/msg00001.html
[2] http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2008-April/msg00083.html
[3] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board

Old 05-01-2008, 10:13 PM
"Jeff Spaleta"

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> A few weeks after the release of Fedora 9, it will be once again time
> for Fedora Project Board elections[1]. This time around, as you may have
> heard[2], we have shifted our composition to five elected seats out of
> nine, instead of the previous four.

Have you communicated whose 'elected' seats are current up on the
block? Or did i miss that in the last email about shuffling the deck
chairs?

-jef"Really wants to make a map and color countries red or blue
depending on whether I've 'won' them in the upcoming election as a
reason to test out the new patchwork coloring maps I figured out how
to do"spaleta

Old 05-02-2008, 12:57 AM
Dennis Gilmore

On Thursday 01 May 2008, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> > A few weeks after the release of Fedora 9, it will be once again time
> > for Fedora Project Board elections[1]. This time around, as you may have
> > heard[2], we have shifted our composition to five elected seats out of
> > nine, instead of the previous four.
>
> Have you communicated whose 'elected' seats are current up on the
> block? Or did i miss that in the last email about shuffling the deck
> chairs?

All elected seats except Matt Domsch's are up. he was elected after the
release of Fedora 8

Dennis

Old 05-02-2008, 01:13 AM
Christopher Aillon

On 05/01/2008 05:50 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

If you are interested, you can simply nominate yourself by posting a
message to the fedora-advisory-board list[4], and please cc: me as well.

I intend to run for re-election. o/

Old 05-02-2008, 01:21 AM
Josh Boyer

On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 21:50 +0000, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> If you are interested, you can simply nominate yourself by posting a
> message to the fedora-advisory-board list[4], and please cc: me as well.

I intend to run for election.

And no, I don't have a campaign finance manager, TV commercials, or any
superdelegates. I just want to aid in the direction and guidance of
Fedora to the best of my abilities.

josh

Old 05-02-2008, 01:25 AM
"Jeff Spaleta"

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are interested, you can simply nominate yourself by posting a
> message to the fedora-advisory-board list[4], and please cc: me as well.

I'm re-running. And in homage to the grand traditions of the US
presidential elections I will be holding a a whistle stop campaign
tour by train from Fairbanks to Anchorage sometime this summer. Okay
maybe not Fairbanks to Anchorage, maybe it will just be the narrow
gauge railroad that is in town and goes around the park... but no
matter how I do it. I'll be on a train in a suit, with some sort of
Fedora branded handiwork nearby within easy camera framing.

-jef"thank god its summer time, or else I'd have to do a dog mushing
campaign tour"spaleta

Old 05-02-2008, 01:45 AM
"Stephen John Smoogen"

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster@gmail.com> wrote:
> > If you are interested, you can simply nominate yourself by posting a
> > message to the fedora-advisory-board list[4], and please cc: me as well.
>
> I'm re-running. And in homage to the grand traditions of the US
> presidential elections I will be holding a a whistle stop campaign

I for one will not be running. I am going to campaign vigorously to be
not elected. If elected, I will not serve, and if serving will not
promise a free download in every browser...

> tour by train from Fairbanks to Anchorage sometime this summer. Okay
> maybe not Fairbanks to Anchorage, maybe it will just be the narrow
> gauge railroad that is in town and goes around the park... but no
> matter how I do it. I'll be on a train in a suit, with some sort of
> Fedora branded handiwork nearby within easy camera framing.

I for one want to know why you are avoiding Barrow? And the poor
people of Adak are once again not with any whistle stop. Sigh.

> -jef"thank god its summer time, or else I'd have to do a dog mushing
> campaign tour"spaleta

Isn't the train sinking in the now defrosted perma-frost?

Old 05-02-2008, 03:41 AM
seth vidal

On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 21:50 +0000, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> If you are interested, you can simply nominate yourself by posting a
> message to the fedora-advisory-board list[4], and please cc: me as well.
>
> Election dates have not been set yet, but you can expect that
> announcement very shortly.

I intend to run for election.

I'd also like to say that now is a good time to ask me to include
obscure features in yum.

-sv

Old 05-02-2008, 04:41 AM
Dennis Gilmore

On Thursday 01 May 2008, seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 21:50 +0000, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > If you are interested, you can simply nominate yourself by posting a
> > message to the fedora-advisory-board list[4], and please cc: me as well.
> >
> > Election dates have not been set yet, but you can expect that
> > announcement very shortly.
>
> I intend to run for election.
>
> I'd also like to say that now is a good time to ask me to include
> obscure features in yum.

I intend to run for re-election and will submit many new feature requests for
yum.

Time to come up with the list of the most obscure things to do.

Dennis