-   -   Localized spins (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-advisory-board/7572-localized-spins.html)

Rahul Sundaram 11-28-2007 06:59 PM

Localized spins

Rex Dieter wrote:

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

If we don't want to host them, am I still allowed to call them Fedora?

standard rule: If these are compromised of only packages already in
Fedora, yes.

Earlier IIRC I was told that I still have to get the approval from
Fedora Board if I want to use the Fedora brand for a customized spin of
any sort. If that is not the case, the trademark guidelines probably
need to be modified or the current policy written down somewhere
officially so that everyone can rely on the information to distribute
their customized Fedora spins without necessarily having to make them
available via spins.fp.o first.

Rahul

Rex Dieter 11-28-2007 07:01 PM

Localized spins

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

If we
don't want to host them, am I still allowed to call them Fedora?

standard rule: If these are compromprised of only packages already in
Fedora, yes.

-- Rex

Rex Dieter 11-28-2007 07:11 PM

Localized spins

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Rex Dieter wrote:

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

If we don't want to host them, am I still allowed to call them Fedora?

standard rule: If these are compromised of only packages already in
Fedora, yes.

Earlier IIRC I was told that I still have to get the approval from
Fedora Board if I want to use the Fedora brand for a customized spin of
any sort.

Now I remember why my brane often hurts thinking on topics such as
licensing, patents, trademarks... I had been successfully repressing
those thoughts, but now... ouch.

Sorry for any misinformation.

-- Rex

Rahul Sundaram 11-28-2007 07:32 PM