FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora Advisory Board

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Michael Scherer
 
Default Next board meeting in 20h

So, as usual,
next board meeting is same place, same hour ( 18h UTC ), tomorrow ( or
today, depending on your timezone )

Do we have something specific to discuss, or do we keep "user base"
discussion ?

If so, IIRC, we were looking at the various brainstorm proposals of
mairin, may I suggest that we continue on that part, and for example,
decide to choose one as a objective of the meeting ?

( of course, any others idea or proposal of topic or goal would be
welcome )

--
Michael Scherer


_______________________________________________
advisory-board mailing list
advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/advisory-board
 
Old 04-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Robyn Bergeron
 
Default Next board meeting in 20h

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Michael Scherer" <misc@zarb.org>
> To: "Fedora community advisory board" <advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:59:30 PM
> Subject: Next board meeting in 20h
>
> So, as usual,
> next board meeting is same place, same hour ( 18h UTC ), tomorrow ( or
> today, depending on your timezone )
>
> Do we have something specific to discuss, or do we keep "user base"
> discussion ?

User base.

>
> If so, IIRC, we were looking at the various brainstorm proposals of
> mairin, may I suggest that we continue on that part, and for example,
> decide to choose one as a objective of the meeting ?

I think that seems like a reasonable idea. I'll go through the list in a bit and see where we're at, and bring back a suggestion.

>
> ( of course, any others idea or proposal of topic or goal would be
> welcome )
>
> --
> Michael Scherer
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> advisory-board mailing list
> advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/advisory-board
_______________________________________________
advisory-board mailing list
advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/advisory-board
 
Old 04-25-2013, 05:54 PM
Robyn Bergeron
 
Default Next board meeting in 20h

Top-posting for evil's sake:

I'd like to try and walk through two things today.

First: I think that going through a brainstormed idea is difficult, at best, without eventually getting to a point where we can do apples-to-apples comparisons.

Just for a preview here, I've got a sample set which I think we can expand upon, which is basically a step-by-step, need-to-answer-one-question before moving to the next situation. (And I'll note that this is borrowed from a lovely book called "playing to win" - there are a zillion books on strategy, but this is fairly straightforward.)

1: What is our larger goal? (Think vision, mission statements)
2: Where will we play? (target audience)
3: How do we win? (Yes, winning is a loaded statement - think "what are we we going to do, to achieve our goal, while adequately addressing audience needs" - while distinguishing ourselves in a unique way)
4: What capabilities must be in place? (This may be technical in some ways, or other things may be like new marketing methods, different documentation, etc. Basically - this is, in many ways, thinking about the teams that will be affected, that are doing the actual work - so we absolutely need to keep these folks in mind!)
5: This one is ... iffy. "What management systems are required?" - in the corporate world, a lot of this is things like "human resources strategy" - maybe this turns into "how do we better onramp/attract new contributors" ... and also, if we know what success looks like (from #3), things like "having good methods to measure success" would fit in here.

That was a mouthful, but I can go into this more in meeting. I think it's probably a good idea to get a simple set of questions that should be addressed by anything we eventually come up with. We don't have to come up with the full list today, but I'd like to get a feeling as to whether or not folks think this (a) is a good idea, (b) a reasonable starting point for framing any potential solutions.

Second: Per misc's suggestion- and mo's list posted here: http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/advisory-board/2013-April/011946.html

I'd like to propose we go through the 5 why's in this meeting - for the majority of the meeting.

Cut and pasted for easiness:

5) "The 5 Whys"

You start off with a problem statement. Our problem statement could be:

"Fedora is not the best platform for building new technology."

As a group, brainstorm a set of reasons why the problem is a problem.
Number each reason.

For each reason, come up with a reason why that reason is a problem.

Continue until you have a chain of 5 whys from the original problem as
to why the problem is a problem.




----- Original Message -----
> From: "Robyn Bergeron" <rbergero@redhat.com>
> To: "Fedora community advisory board" <advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org>
> Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:44:30 AM
> Subject: Re: Next board meeting in 20h
>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> > From: "Michael Scherer" <misc@zarb.org>
> > To: "Fedora community advisory board"
> > <advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org>
> > Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:59:30 PM
> > Subject: Next board meeting in 20h
> >
> > So, as usual,
> > next board meeting is same place, same hour ( 18h UTC ), tomorrow ( or
> > today, depending on your timezone )
> >
> > Do we have something specific to discuss, or do we keep "user base"
> > discussion ?
>
> User base.
>
> >
> > If so, IIRC, we were looking at the various brainstorm proposals of
> > mairin, may I suggest that we continue on that part, and for example,
> > decide to choose one as a objective of the meeting ?
>
> I think that seems like a reasonable idea. I'll go through the list in a bit
> and see where we're at, and bring back a suggestion.
>
> >
> > ( of course, any others idea or proposal of topic or goal would be
> > welcome )
> >
> > --
> > Michael Scherer
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > advisory-board mailing list
> > advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/advisory-board
> _______________________________________________
> advisory-board mailing list
> advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/advisory-board
_______________________________________________
advisory-board mailing list
advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/advisory-board
 
Old 04-25-2013, 06:00 PM
Robyn Bergeron
 
Default Next board meeting in 20h

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Michael Scherer" <misc@zarb.org>
> To: "Fedora community advisory board" <advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:59:30 PM
> Subject: Next board meeting in 20h
>
> So, as usual,
> next board meeting is same place, same hour ( 18h UTC ), tomorrow ( or
> today, depending on your timezone )

Also, for clarification: #fedora-meeting-1

>
> Do we have something specific to discuss, or do we keep "user base"
> discussion ?
>
> If so, IIRC, we were looking at the various brainstorm proposals of
> mairin, may I suggest that we continue on that part, and for example,
> decide to choose one as a objective of the meeting ?
>
> ( of course, any others idea or proposal of topic or goal would be
> welcome )
>
> --
> Michael Scherer
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> advisory-board mailing list
> advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/advisory-board
_______________________________________________
advisory-board mailing list
advisory-board@lists.fedoraproject.org
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/advisory-board
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 02:05 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org