-   -   Google Summer of Code Items (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-advisory-board/713139-google-summer-code-items.html)

Stephen John Smoogen 04-22-2013 06:24 PM

Google Summer of Code Items

Hi I am seeing a lot of requests for GSoC sponsorship on various mailing lists, but I am not seeing many replies for them. Does the Board know who is co-ordinating this years GSoC and what resources they need? [Or if no one is doing so, is someone going to jump in now yet again?]

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

Peter Robinson 04-23-2013 08:48 AM

Google Summer of Code Items

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 7:24 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi I am seeing a lot of requests for GSoC sponsorship on various mailing
> lists, but I am not seeing many replies for them. Does the Board know who is
> co-ordinating this years GSoC and what resources they need? [Or if no one is
> doing so, is someone going to jump in now yet again?]

I've not seen anything but a wiki search gives me the following link.
Might bec useful to link /wiki/GSOC /wiki/GSoC to the 2013 page too
for quick finding.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/GSOC_2013

Eric Christensen 04-23-2013 01:28 PM

Google Summer of Code Items

inode0 04-23-2013 01:47 PM

Google Summer of Code Items

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Eric Christensen
<sparks@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 12:24:07PM -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>> Hi I am seeing a lot of requests for GSoC sponsorship on various mailing
>> lists, but I am not seeing many replies for them. Does the Board know who
>> is co-ordinating this years GSoC and what resources they need? [Or if no
>> one is doing so, is someone going to jump in now yet again?]
>
> I've not heard of who is supposed to be leading the effort this year. I believe there was a discussion on the IRC
> last night after your post here. I'll see if I can get some information and report back.

After some discussion of this on IRC yesterday contact was made with
the GSoC administrator. Efforts are under way to alleviate some of the
identified issues but things look generally to be under control.

John